Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find large flat stacking rocks

Mainecoons

Your best bet would be to find a "cultured stone" distributor. This is a veneer which you cement to a pedestal. The pedestal would most likely be cement board, with attached wire mesh. They have have some very nice stacked stone effects and they are used extensively in upper end new construction. It also does not have grout lines, for extra stacked looking effect.

http://www.perdurastone.com  

I believe they have an "English" option

There was a “materiales“ place west of Ajijic, on the carretera, and there were often piles of slate and other flat rock there, and on the north side of the road.  Maybe they are still there.  If not, I will bet that Jara could either supply them or send you to a source.

3 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

There was a “materiales“ place west of Ajijic, on the carretera, and there were often piles of slate and other flat rock there, and on the north side of the road.  Maybe they are still there.  If not, I will bet that Jara could either supply them or send you to a source.

Probably Flores Materiales. If approaching from the East into Joco,  Flores is on the left (South side) before the first traffic light in Joco.  Flores is where the highway median ends so about 50m before the first traffic light in Joco.  The store on the North side across from Flores is a tile store.

Archived