Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon.mx

Alfa

I have an item to return to Amazon, they said free return guaranteed. Does anyone know the procedure for doing this. Do I call DSL (or other) and pay for the shipment and then await reimbursement from Amazon or what? I have their auth to return the item. Thanks

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. After obtaining return authorization, you need to print out and affix the return label to the package, return shipping is prepaid. Amazon states they will arrange for item pick up by DHL the next business day after the return is authorized. In my case, DHL didn't show up or contact me on the assigned day - Friday. I contacted Amazon and said I would take the package to the DHL office in Ajijic this week - tomorrow, rather than wasting another day waiting for DHL to show up. Amazon then contated DHL to advise them that I would walk the package in to their local office. We'll see how DHL reacts tomorrow when I show up. 

10 hours ago, rckrckr said:

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. After obtaining return authorization, you need to print out and affix the return label to the package, return shipping is prepaid. Amazon states they will arrange for item pick up by DHL the next business day after the return is authorized. In my case, DHL didn't show up or contact me on the assigned day - Friday. I contacted Amazon and said I would take the package to the DHL office in Ajijic this week - tomorrow, rather than wasting another day waiting for DHL to show up. Amazon then contated DHL to advise them that I would walk the package in to their local office. We'll see how DHL reacts tomorrow when I show up. 

We returned an Amazon item via the Ajijic DHL office, no problemo.  FYI....their office closes for siesta, I think from 2 to 4.  We completed the paperwork at Amazon.com.mx for the return before going to the DHL office.  Filled out the return label, etc.  Didn't need to call Amazon or DHL.  Did not have to pay anything at DHL to ship it back to Amazon...the label you print from Amazon.com.mx covers the shipping cost on their end.  The man at DHL office was very professional and it seemed he had done this before with Amazon returns.

I have just returned from the SAT office and they told me that they would only accept it if I paid. To ship it free, I would have to go to the Guad office of DHL I had the return parcel with the original shipping lable and the Amazon address that Amazon sent me, affixed but no go. I am waiting to see what reaction rckrckr gets from them.

The instructions for returns has a phone number for having the item picked up for free. That number will answer in Spanish but wait for the prompt in English telling you to press for English. After a few moments, an English speaking operator will take your information and schedule a pickup time at your door.

1 hour ago, Alfa said:

I have just returned from the SAT office and they told me that they would only accept it if I paid. To ship it free, I would have to go to the Guad office of DHL I had the return parcel with the original shipping lable and the Amazon address that Amazon sent me, affixed but no go. I am waiting to see what reaction rckrckr gets from them.

Just returned from DHL. No problem at all (other than finding a parking spot nearby) and was in and out in 5 minutes. I was asked for ID, signed and dated a few copies of the return invoice, and that was it. It helps if you take an extra copy of the mailing label as DHL wants to keep one locally. 

The office is closed for siesta from 2 til 4.  

It's on the north side of carretera, between Colon and Juarez.  Google map:

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/DHL+Express+ServicePoint/@20.301478,-103.2627927,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xb24e355d0d4c3809!8m2!3d20.301478!4d-103.2627927

Archived