Chapala.com Webboard

Flu Shot

Halfglass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggest you research flu shots before getting any.  There contain aluminum, which is toxic to humans, and they are ineffective at boosting the immune system (if that is your goal and purpose in getting it).  There are about six things you can do to boost your immune system yourself which don't involve any harmful chemicals and actually are effective in fighting off these issues.  Just a suggestion, or perhaps you have already researched and decided to get them anyway.

45 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Suggest you research flu shots before getting any.  There contain aluminum, which is toxic to humans, and they are ineffective at boosting the immune system (if that is your goal and purpose in getting it).  There are about six things you can do to boost your immune system yourself which don't involve any harmful chemicals and actually are effective in fighting off these issues.  Just a suggestion, or perhaps you have already researched and decided to get them anyway.

Official CDC testing results of flu vaccines say there is   no   Aluminum in the US flu vaccines.  Aluminum in a vaccine in scientific language is called an "adjuvant".

Per the CDC.
"Only some vaccines contain adjuvants.
... seasonal influenza vaccines do not contain added adjuvants."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/adjuvants.html

For the other non-flu vaccines,  the amount of aluminum is less than 1 mg per shot =>  14 times less Aluminum than in a slice of US pizza.

The average American adult consumes 1 mg - 10 mg/day in a normal US diet.   At normal dietary levels, Aluminum is NOT toxic.

The Centro Salud on Ramón Velázquez in San Antonio (down from Sunrise Restaurant) has them at no cost. My husband and I walked in, gave our names and ages, received our shots, and were out of there within 10 minutes.  Please do not listen to Zeb.  We all most do our part to keep the flu at bay.  That this is the worst flu season in almost a decade made the front page of the New York Times today.   https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/26/health/flu-rates-deaths.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fhealth&action=click&contentCollection=health&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

CDC cannot be trusted.  To each his own health.  I am assuming a person wants to get a vaccine to avoid the flu.  There are other options that are effective to avoid the flu and illnesses in general, and do no harm. 

32 minutes ago, Zeb said:

CDC cannot be trusted.  To each his own health.  I am assuming a person wants to get a vaccine to avoid the flu.  There are other options that are effective to avoid the flu and illnesses in general, and do no harm. 

When I was in my early 30’s ,and in good general health ,  I became ill with the flu.  Went into pneumonia.  I ended up in the hospital and I was going into heart failure.  Blood samples were sent to the CDC and came back as the coxsackie strain. [ naturally it took over a week ) I then was suppose to be admitted to into a rehab facility.  However, thanks to family I was able to rehab at my parents home.  It took 3 months to recover and I have had to go through multiple tests up until just 5 years ago.   I am Posting this hoping that people are aware of complications that can arise from having the flu.   Imagine I was only 34 at the time. So please , do due diligence in preventing the flu.  Try to get a flu vaccine.   I do every year now.  I don’t want to get sick and perhaps someone else may catch it. 

we got the super flu shot for those over 65 in the US, Don't know if it is available here. Dr. Lastra on Constitution in Ajijic recommends a gamma globulin (think the right name) shot if flying more than 2 hours.  He says this will boost your immune system. Never been sick in 17 years here.

10 hours ago, Justathought said:

When I was in my early 30’s ,and in good general health ,  I became ill with the flu.  Went into pneumonia.  I ended up in the hospital and I was going into heart failure.  Blood samples were sent to the CDC and came back as the coxsackie strain. [ naturally it took over a week ) I then was suppose to be admitted to into a rehab facility.  However, thanks to family I was able to rehab at my parents home.  It took 3 months to recover and I have had to go through multiple tests up until just 5 years ago.   I am Posting this hoping that people are aware of complications that can arise from having the flu.   Imagine I was only 34 at the time. So please , do due diligence in preventing the flu.  Try to get a flu vaccine.   I do every year now.  I don’t want to get sick and perhaps someone else may catch it. 

Isn't coxsackie virus foot and mouth disease and not the flu?

Good for you.  I also do not get sick and do not get flu shots.  It's about the terrain and your overall health.  I do occasionally catch a cold, and recover pretty fast.  As I said, each person does what he/she thinks is best to prevent illness.  I just know it can be done without pharmaceuticals.  I hope I never had to resort to them and I consider those a very last option. I used to be one of those who trusted the doctors and took their advice most of my life.  I no longer do that. 

There are many things we can do to prevent illness.  I realize most are not interested in doing them, or knowing what those things are.  Most of the world is happy to delegate their health and illnesses to someone else.  It's a matter of choice and education.  I just wanted to offer an option to those who are pro-active in their own prevention without pharmaceuticals.

I could post lots of links and data to support what I say, but I will not do so as my intention was not get into arguments on this topic. 

I am not here to argue . I am posting only to give insight on what COULD happen. There are two serotypes of this strain.  I was told by the drs. That it was the coxsackie strain that was going around in 1994.  I am only stating  the fact that I almost died because of the complications . My heart was functioning at 30%.  I had myocarditis and pericarditis as well. I was in my 30’s ,I don’t believe there was a big push for homeopathic therapies at the time.    Of course now I take different measures. 

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

Good for you.  I also do not get sick and do not get flu shots.  It's about the terrain and your overall health.  I do occasionally catch a cold, and recover pretty fast.  As I said, each person does what he/she thinks is best to prevent illness.  I just know it can be done without pharmaceuticals.  I hope I never had to resort to them and I consider those a very last option. I used to be one of those who trusted the doctors and took their advice most of my life.  I no longer do that. 

There are many things we can do to prevent illness.  I realize most are not interested in doing them, or knowing what those things are.  Most of the world is happy to delegate their health and illnesses to someone else.  It's a matter of choice and education.  I just wanted to offer an option to those who are pro-active in their own prevention without pharmaceuticals.

I could post lots of links and data to support what I say, but I will not do so as my intention was not get into arguments on this topic. 

i am not saying by getting a flu shot , you won’t get sick.  I am just posting that yes, i became very ill when I contracted the droplets ( sneezing / coughing). of someone who was ill. I did take OTC’s . Because in my mind it was just a cold.  Until I could barely breathe. Ankles swelling. The pain in my chest was unbareable. 

Any way, if a person has a compromised immune system PERHAPS. They should check into it.  Oh and by theway, my father also died of complications from. The flu.  But he was 91 years old. Healthy up to that point . 

2 hours ago, Justathought said:

I am not here to argue . I am posting only to give insight on what COULD happen. There are two serotypes of this strain.  I was told by the drs. That it was the coxsackie strain that was going around in 1994.  I am only stating  the fact that I almost died because of the complications . My heart was functioning at 30%.  I had myocarditis and pericarditis as well. I was in my 30’s ,I don’t believe there was a big push for homeopathic therapies at the time.    Of course now I take different measures. 

i am not saying by getting a flu shot , you won’t get sick.  I am just posting that yes, i became very ill when I contracted the droplets ( sneezing / coughing). of someone who was ill. I did take OTC’s . Because in my mind it was just a cold.  Until I could barely breathe. Ankles swelling. The pain in my chest was unbareable. 

Any way, if a person has a compromised immune system PERHAPS. They should check into it.  Oh and by theway, my father also died of complications from. The flu.  But he was 91 years old. Healthy up to that point . 

Sounds awful.  It is quite frightening to get that ill.  I do agree a person should consider ALL options. 

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

What is the homeopathic treatment for paranoia?

What is the vaccine for people who are insulting and intolerant?

As usual, someone, in this case you, has to make a snide remark and  insult.  This is why I wrote that I did not post to get into arguments with people. 

Accepted medical standards for flu shots in Canada: only the young, the infirm and the elderly should get flu shots, under normal circumstances. The rest are asking for trouble. Now it's all about big pharma. Donald Rumsfeld had stock holdings in Gilead Sciences, Inc., the California biotech company that developed Tamiflu, to prevent an epidemic that never happened, but managed to scare the rest of the world into seeking flu shots whenever possible.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

It's hard to be tolerant of those ignorant of the scientific method, yet professes truth.

There is science behind what I do as an alternate to flu shots.  If you cannot be tolerant or accepting of others' opinions, do not participate, but be quiet. 

55 minutes ago, Xena said:

“CDC cannot be trusted.” But you should for sure trust anonymous strangers on the internet who really know their stuff. 

No.  I did not say that. Where do you see that I said strangers on line should be trusted?  Where did I say I was an expert and knew everything?

Nor did I imply I was an expert in medicine.  I wrote my opinion, based on my reading, about CDC.  No one has to take my word for anything, nor agree.  

You should not trust anonymous strangers. 

Research and investigate everything on your own, whether it be a doctor's advice or someone else's.

Once again, it seems it has become necessary to criticize me personally.  Why is this necessary?  Why can participants simply not discuss whatever the topic is without personal attacks and criticism?  I suppose it is because we are not face to face.....

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Accepted medical standards for flu shots in Canada: only the young, the infirm and the elderly should get flu shots, under normal circumstances. The rest are asking for trouble. Now it's all about big pharma. Donald Rumsfeld had stock holdings in Gilead Sciences, Inc., the California biotech company that developed Tamiflu, to prevent an epidemic that never happened, but managed to scare the rest of the world into seeking flu shots whenever possible.

Watch out here.  You could be next on the attack list. 

Archived