Chapala.com Webboard

Medical supplies needed

You can try Lidia Zamudio Cerda  She is a nurse who runs a supply store.  #76 766 2088.  My experience is that it sometimes is hard to get her because she also runs a home nursing service.    lidiazamudio@yahoo.com.mx

If you go on Amazon Mexico, they have hollister products.

Lidia's store is Lake Med Centre... the store number is 376-766-2088

Her cell phone number is 333-156-9080 and that is the best way to get hold of her. She will either get you what you need or will know where to get it. She's knowledgeable and very caring.

Best of luck!

Will call her but found the one store outrageously expensive.  Was told supplies were cheaper here in Mexico than NOB but store price was 5 times more than I pay in Canada.  Had a list of suppliers at one time in Guad area but  lost it and can't find it on internet again!  I think there is a group of ostomates around who I was hoping could help.

• Haha 1

Here is a list of locations in Mexico from the Hollister/Mexico website. No idea about prices or if they can help you in English. I would be a little surprised if these supplies are cheaper in Mexico but perhaps so. Scroll down to Jalisco and you will find several places in the Guadalajara area that appear to sell Hollister products.

http://www.hollister.com.mx/es-mx/wheretobuy

Also looks like Amazon Mexico might have some of the supplies you are looking for.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ostomia&sprefix=ostomia%2Caps%2C252&crid=2EMD57DS78TNC&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aostomia

• Like 1

I’ve compared Lidia’s prices with those in a couple of specialty stores in Guadalajara and found them very similar for high quality items.  

And I agree with Ferret about her skills and decency towards her patients.  She coordinates with medical practitioners and provides the best care.   She has a remarkable CV.

• Like 1

Many things are less expensive here, but remember that if something is imported, you pay the US cost, the shipping and the taxes for importation. So the cost will be much higher. I have found the best prices here for medical supplies to be from companies that supply hospitals. I haven't found any way around the higher costs for things like colostomy supplies. If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

• 6 months later...

with the help of a fellow poster colostomy supplies from hollister can be bought from moravi group in guadalajara..they are wholesalers who sell to the public.

CONTACT DETAILS

Av. Inglaterra 5330  
Col. Guadalajara Technology Park 
Carretera a Nogales Km 13 
CP. 45010 
Zapopan, Jal

Tel. (33) 3777 – 1320 
Fax (33) 3777 – 1321

in general half the price of lydia. 

maybe we can organize a car share trip or someone takes orders every now and again if they are going up.

i will probably be going in the next 10 days or so.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hello Maggie:  My 93 year old father lives in Ajic and has been using another brand (Torbot) which I have been sending down to him by Fedex.  Torbot has supply issues and my father needs to get something new.  Would you have the name of a nurse/supplier down there who could help him find a new brand of osomy supply until Torbot colley seels are available.

I really appreciate any help with this.  Thanks, Vijaya Sullivan

• 6 months later...