Chapala.com Webboard

Help With Puff Pastry Dough

cstone

Firstly the puff pastry at Walmart is either kept on the refrigerated shelf with the cakes or in the walk in cooler...same at Costco.Secondly..making real puff from scratch is not an option..it takes at least two days and a lot of skill...believe me I know I’ve made more than my share.Over the past five years I’ve used puff from Costco and Walmart in my cooking classes in dozens of ways from Beef Wellington, salmon en croute to sausage rolls and fruit galettes..are they perfect ..no ..not enough butter..but definitely better than adequate. When rolling  take out of cooler for a couple of minutes use plenty of flour and roll about 3 / 16 thick. Freeze the trimmings and use for things like pot pies and cheese straws.

Definition:

Manufacturing or industrial milk refers to milk used for producing products such as casein, butter, cheese and milk powder.

Generally the term excludes milk transformed into “fresh” products, such as yoghurt and cream.

So I guess it sounds bad, but it's all good.

But Dorothy....isn’t the flour industrialised the water too...help the sky is falling !...time to click your heels and get back to Kansas.....but Dorothy your shoes are industrialized ...even Kansas..you’re too late !  ...........I can help you out....really out ! and we will try not to make it too industrialized..

Archived