Chapala.com Webboard

Walmart same old story

Bandol

Tried to buy a cell phone today and was required to pay before activation.  Personnnel tried to instal chip and activate.  I was repeatedly told that the “system” was down.  Then it was allegedly activated but the in-store test call failed.  I decided that I would not continue with what was clearly a dud.  The two blank-faced assistants told me that it was impossible to get a refund.  The blank-faced person in charge at the service counter refused a refund even tho’ of course I had the receipt and the phone had not yet left the store.  I insisted; she insisted on slowly reviewing the whole transaction with the two b-f assistants and the technician.  All slowly and surlily the money was refunded to me.  As I left the store the defective phone was being replaced in the show case to be sold to the next person.

wmt-mxcam-logo-original-dark.pngPOLICY OF, RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS

"We want you to be satisfied"

If you are not satisfied with something you bought, please return it and we will solve it, apply the guarantee with the manufacturer, we will change it or we will gladly refund your money.

Translation by Google.

Why would anyone buy a cell phone from Walmart anyway.....? ... Price ....? 

There is a reason Walmart is cheaper than Telcel or any other cell phone store around Lakside....

For the last 10 years I've dealt with the Telcel store down by Alex's pasta bar. I may have paid a little more for my phone but the service has been first class..

I've bought phones at Walmart when the price is right. It's hard to imagine anyone suspecting say, an LG K8 is inferior at WalMart than it is in some dinky TelCel store. Where is the logic in that?

It's the lazy, untrained staff that is the problem, coupled with management that enables them. Period.

Yes TelsZ4 price is important to me.

Over the past 15 years living here I have dealt with several phone dealers including the one to whom you refer.  The woman is certainly attentive but the end results are no better than most.  And yes, she is more expensive.

When I get attitude, blank expressions, or am told that something I am reasonably asking for is not possible, I no longer waste my time trying to reason with that counter person, be it Walmart, an airline, etc. I ask to speak to their supervisor, where the matter is almost always handled in an acceptable manner. I have little patience with the petty potentates.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

When I get attitude, blank expressions, or am told that something I am reasonably asking for is not possible, I no longer waste my time trying to reason with that counter person, be it Walmart, an airline, etc. I ask to speak to their supervisor, where the matter is almost always handled in an acceptable manner. I have little patience with the petty potentates.

that's the right attitude, mg, but we're talking abt walmart here. their mexican staff  reflects their training and the management's total disregard for  customer satisfaction.  they had the op in a bind.  ever try to go to a higher up at walmart?  rule of thumb: if an item is available anywhere else lakeside or guad, don't go for it at our local walmart.

lexy

14 hours ago, Lexy said:

that's the right attitude, mg, but we're talking abt walmart here. their mexican staff  reflects their training and the management's total disregard for  customer satisfaction.  they had the op in a bind.  ever try to go to a higher up at walmart?  rule of thumb: if an item is available anywhere else lakeside or guad, don't go for it at our local walmart.

lexy

I know Walmarts in Mexico vary widely depending on the local management. My only experience returning something was at the Nuevo Vallarta Walmart. I had bought a stand fan, but when I got it home, I realized I had grabbed a box that was not the one I wanted (there were about 5 different models). I brought it back a week later, with the receipt, and all the pieces still sealed in their plastic wrap. Obviously hadn't been used.

The girl at the customer service desk looked at it, turned the box over several times, looked at it some more, as if it were suddenly going to change shape, then said it wouldn't be possible to return it. I calmly asked her to get her supervisor, who came out, asked what the problem was, I told him,  he said, no problem, and gave me a refund.

I had the interesting experience of returning a defective toaster oven, and watched as it was returned to stock. :huh: Another was brought as an exchange.  Took it home and it, too, was defective.  Returned it and asked for a refund: no exchange.  After some hemming and hawing with the supervisor, they finally forked over my money.  Then I went to Tio Sams and got one for very little more money which has been flawlessly working for at least a year.  A great big raspberry to Walmart !!!:angry:

Girl at customer service desk: "Oh, no, another gringa wants to return something. =sigh= Oh, well. Hmmm, the guy in that department is on lunch. That means I will have to find someone else, and have this lady breathing down my neck while we wait. And I really want to talk to Clarisa 'cause she just WhatsApped me. This could take forever. I know!"

"Senóra, no es posible!"

I recently returned an unopened item I incorrectly bought the day before. The frijolera (opposite of gringa) was a bit confused when I handed her my receipt and refunded me without complaint or hesitation. 

Hmmm... a few online translations of that word, but this one sticks out:

racist term applied to mexican (and mexican-american) residents of the US. translates roughly as "one who prepares beans. "Don't call me frijolero, you pinche gringo puñetero."

21 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

WalMart is WalMart, mass marketing lower end of the scale.  You get what you pay for.  We find it is better in Mexico than the U.S., frankly, where it is really near the bottom of the barrel.

It is sure great we have Costco!

So many want  to pay rock bottom prices, yet recive top notch service. To cheap to shop at a Telcel store or an appliance store such as Tio Sams.. Or a well respected computer repair business such as "Benno"  In the 9 years Walmart has been open in Ajijic nothing has changed ,  They are still the bottom of the barrel store.

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" 

I can't resist: "You get what you pay for" is true unless you buy overpriced things: watches, shoes, clothing and a jillion other things that are touted as being "the best" when they're just ordinary or less.  On the other hand, some do that on purpose to buy "prestige", so in that case, they may get what they are paying for.B)

16 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

So many want  to pay rock bottom prices, yet recive top notch service. To cheap to shop at a Telcel store or an appliance store such as Tio Sams.. Or a well respected computer repair business such as "Benno"  In the 9 years Walmart has been open in Ajijic nothing has changed ,  They are still the bottom of the barrel store.

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" 

Ouch. But not really.

1 minute ago, gringal said:

I can't resist: "You get what you pay for" is true unless you buy overpriced things: watches, shoes, clothing and a jillion other things that are touted as being "the best" when they're just ordinary or less.  On the other hand, some do that on purpose to buy "prestige", so in case, they may get what they are paying for.B)

And no one ever got rich by over-spending.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Hmmm... a few online translations of that word, but this one sticks out:

racist term applied to mexican (and mexican-american) residents of the US. translates roughly as "one who prepares beans. "Don't call me frijolero, you pinche gringo puñetero."

You got that right, just don't refer to the racist gringo/gringa that you may be, but not me.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

I recently returned an unopened item I incorrectly bought the day before. The frijolera (opposite of gringa) was a bit confused when I handed her my receipt and refunded me without complaint or hesitation. 

Ummm.... who used the word?

Archived