Chapala.com Webboard

APPLE Authorized repair store

Dan M

Question about Benno's.  Tom did you go there within the last few months since the business was sold to a new buyer? If so, were you satisfied with the service? I went there one week after the latest sale and the new owner seemed a little overwhelmed and ordered the wrong ink cartridge for my laser printer.

I was hoping that everything is fine now that he has been there for a few months..

8 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Dan, check out this story and see if it applies to you:  http://bgr.com/2018/01/22/iphone-battery-program-iphone-6-plus-replacement/

Interesting, thanks. Yes my 6 plus battery wont be in stock until late March in the US. When I spoke to the Apple the rep he said there is only ONE Apple store in all of Mexico and none in GDL which is why I posted the question. 

It's true, there are no Apple-owned stores in Guadalajara, but there are a number of stores with some kind of agreement to use the name. However, the couple I have been to have been all about the cool staff and the shiny displays, with very, very little in terms of repair and/or parts.

Johanson,

Just took the phone in a couple weeks ago.

And a FYI, the Apple repair shop in Guad is off on one of the laterals off the Glorieta just north of the RIU Hotel on Lopez Mateo. This is where the guy comes from who goes to iShop on alternating Wednesdays.

2 hours ago, tomgates said:

Johanson,

Just took the phone in a couple weeks ago.

And a FYI, the Apple repair shop in Guad is off on one of the laterals off the Glorieta just north of the RIU Hotel on Lopez Mateo. This is where the guy comes from who goes to iShop on alternating Wednesdays.

That street, just off Glorieta Minerva, is Yañez and Hall Microcomputers is the name of the Apple distributor you are referring to in your post, above.  Hugo is the jefe and Clarissa is the jefa; the pair who often both come to lakeside every other week. Hugo has a weekend home there. 

Hall Address: Av. Circunvalación Agustín Yáñez 2889, Arcos Vallarta, 44120 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico

I am typing on the iMac that I purchased from Hall in 2011, and which Hugo delivered and set up at my home in Chapala, transferring my files for me, etc.  Great service. Making the purchase from them was less expensive than buying in the USA, and it provided me with a Mexican warranty. The exchange rate was in my favor, at the time.  Never have needed service on any of my Apple products, though.   

Archived