Chapala.com Webboard

Cost for screen door

Earl

I have a front door that might be a little wider than standard (if there is such a thing here), and I need an attractive front door with a steel screen.  Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on having a good one made?  And recommendations for someone to make it? 

Thank you.

Can't give you a price, but suggest you contact Pablo Nunez, a local carpenter.  He does en excellent job at a very fair price and I'm sure he'd be happy to provide an estimate.  Pablo's cell is 331-247-6426.

Additional plusses are that Pablo is always on time and stands by his promises.

There are so many variables and great ironworks people here. I'd take a picture or drawing of what you'd like and get a few quotes because yours will be built to size. We recently replaced our standard mesh screens with a thicker screen because my dad (twice in one day) and the dog (another time) went charging through them. If an outside door, the thicker screening is more protective as well. We also did a door that has a glass panel with a screen insert panel: we can close and lock it for security and warmth or open the swinging glass panel for ventilation. Again...brainstorm your needs and get quotes.

18 minutes ago, jrod said:

We also did a door that has a glass panel with a screen insert panel: we can close and lock it for security and warmth or open the swinging glass panel for ventilation.

I really like this type of screen door. Who did it for you? Contact info please, if you still have it.

It is pretty easy to visit your nearest neighborhood ironworker for ideas and a quote. Most of them have pictures to show you, or will suggest you look at a particular house where they have made and installed something similar.

Why ask strangers on a webboard, when you can see the real thing and get current prices, instead of old memories of old prices?

49 minutes ago, Earl said:

RV Gringo, visiting your nearest ironworker or anywhere else in no longer easy.  In one word--TRAFFIC! That's why I decided to first "let my fingers do the walking...and driving."

RV is right, too many variables to consider. Size? Shape? Materials? Call an iron worker, they'll have to come to your place anyway to measure. They will need a design as well. They'll come to you and give you a price.

4 hours ago, rckrckr said:

I really like this type of screen door. Who did it for you? Contact info please, if you still have it.

Three different guys have done work for us at different times; sorry, don't remember which ones: our door would likely be either: Beto at El Tempisque on the carretera; the guys at Herrería El Halcón in the village (west side), and a group in San Juan Cosalá whose card I can't locate at the moment. All can do whatever you ask: the more detail and info you provide, the better.

Archived