Chapala.com Webboard

Used Engine Oil?

Several months ago I witnessed a truck come to the side street of Salvador's Restaurant. The workers came into the kitchen and transferred the oil to their truck. I have no idea the name of the business. The good news is that there is a service  that collects used oil. I presume they reprocess it but I do not know.

18 minutes ago, johanson said:

Several months ago I witnessed a truck come to the side street of Salvador's Restaurant. The workers came into the kitchen and transferred the oil to their truck. I have no idea the name of the business. The good news is that there is a service  that collects used oil. I presume they reprocess it but I do not know.

Sorry, I should have specified engine oil. Don't think they'd want that. Thanks just the same.

I  recently changed the engine oil of my lawnmower and bushwhacker (about 0.6 liters total). Before doing so I asked some of my Mexican neighbors where I could take the used oil. I was told just to dump it in the ditch. I explained that I do not have children but that polluting the environment for future generations was maybe not a good idea.

I went on to tell them about an add that runs in the US which has the punch line "nature does not need you but you need nature"

Its an uphill battle were I live but every day I seem to gain a little on the hill (the place is almost trash free and the kids have gotten the message loud and clear "No soccer field will be built until the have all learned that trash belongs in a trash can..).

Sadly, I finally put the used oil back into the new oil can and put in with my trash (at least it will go to the land fill).

In the future, I will buy an oil collector at auto zone and will then take it to my mechanic when I get the oil changed for my car and he will dispose of it.

By the way if you are looking for a first class mechanic then VELOZ in Jocotepec is the place. He was a GM mechanic in the US for years. His workshop is so clean that you could have lunch on its floor. He has every tool you could think of.

VELOZ, Salvatore Cell # 331 752 0091 by appointment only

Archived