Chapala.com Webboard

Ignored Users

NLU

There are quite a few members of whom I wish would ignore me.

Personally ignore leaves a sour taste.  If we were in a social setting and some other person was showing signs of ignorance you wouldn't show him/her your back would you?  And if that person were an adult there's no way you're going to educate him.  Time for your earbuds.   

I do not know what you guys are seeing. When I scroll through the list of Unread Content instead of the preview of the post all I see is “You have chosen to ignore content by....” In a thread, the ignored user’s post does not show. There is a box that says the same “You have chosen.” I don’t see any picture or words written by the Ignored one. 

By "ignoring" any user, no matter how numb the nuts, you can lose the essence of the thread and worse yet, someone else will quote the numb nut and proceed to comment on it.  Personally, I can't get annoyed enough to "ignore" anyone... yet.  We do have some awfully cranky folks and some natural agitators who frequently expose the emptiness of their brains, but meh,  maybe they're feeling poorly and got their fingers moving before their judgment was in gear.B)

28 minutes ago, gringal said:

By "ignoring" any user, no matter how numb the nuts, you can lose the essence of the thread and worse yet, someone else will quote the numb nut and proceed to comment on it.  Personally, I can't get annoyed enough to "ignore" anyone... yet.  We do have some awfully cranky folks and some natural agitators who frequently expose the emptiness of their brains, but meh,  maybe they're feeling poorly and got their fingers moving before their judgment was in gear.B)

God how I wish I was superior like you.  Somewhere along the line you have grabbed on to the notion you are blessed.  I hope you are very good looking, extremely rich, light on your feet, a head-turner in a bikini, finishing school and all.  Cause if you're not you think you are.  And if that's the case you are what you just stated bothers you; out of touch.

If I post it's on a subject I know something about, or something I wish to offer as an alternative viewpoint, or to contribute to this lonely website. 

If anyone of you has a PhD in Mexican studies and over 35 years living here, and observational skills better than mine, have mastered deductive reasoning, I bow to thee.    

Just now, ajijiccharlie said:

Mo, Gringal and you seem to agree about this topic. Why such an ugly response?

This guy has a very short fuse and is quick to take offense.  I wasn't even referring to him.  There are much numb-er nuts on here than he.  As usual, people tend to see their own flaws in others; in this case, an attitude of intellectual superiority. 

42 minutes ago, gringal said:

Gringal, I have never lost the essence of a thread by not seeing the posts of an ignored user. In fact, it is very easy to follow the thread and often more amusing when just reading responses. The occasional quote in someone else’s post does nothing but remind me why I have chosen to ignore a poster. Also, you don’t need to be annoyed to use Ignore. My latest Ignore came from being bored silly by the poster, that and a growing sense of pity. 

Just now, Xena said:

Gringal, I have never lost the essence of a thread by not seeing the posts of an ignored user. In fact, it is very easy to follow the thread and often more amusing when just reading responses. The occasional quote in someone else’s post does nothing but remind me why I have chosen to ignore a poster. Also, you don’t need to be annoyed to use Ignore. My latest Ignore came from being bored silly by the poster, that and a growing sense of pity. 

I have to admit, "bored silly" is sufficient.

6 minutes ago, gringal said:

This guy has a very short fuse and is quick to take offense.  I wasn't even referring to him.  There are much numb-er nuts on here than he.  As usual, people tend to see their own flaws in others; in this case, an attitude of intellectual superiority. 

I think Mo is sensitive about his strange grammar, "of whom I wish would ignore me". I assume English is not his first language. 

Ugly response?  Whomever doesn't lick your boots is ugly, eh?  

Many of y'all were so busy working saving up for your retirement and mobile trailer you never got out much.  If a guy who has gotten out a lot writes what is to you off-the-wall and ugly all that says to me is that my deduction that many of you are tourists with furniture is correct. 

Go figure, a poster who expresses himself with an aire of confidence irks you, and if you believe an Ego is a bad thing .. if you believe alternative personalities need to be ignored or even banned from the board, you just might be a hick.  I'm from a city, a very big one.  Do I go too fast ferya?    

15 minutes ago, ajijiccharlie said:

I think Mo is sensitive about his strange grammar, "of whom I wish would ignore me". I assume English is not his first language. 

OMG!  That's good newbie, keep those sentence nice and short.  This is Twitter.  Okay okay, no more multisyllabic words from this reporter.  Run Sally run.  Tick tock tick tock the mouse ran up the clock.

We speak as we've heard speech.  We write according to what we have read.  You speak Fox News and The Readers Digest (if it still exists) and Dear Abby.  I don't.

Ignore seems to work here the same as it does on other boards I visit.  You see the person's name, avatar and any information that usually appears in the name/avatar block but you do not see the message.  That however does not prevent others from quoting the ignored person and that quote appearing in their post unless you've also ignored the quoting person as well.

I find it interesting that so many feel threatened by other posters whose opinions and biases don't agree with their own.  But in any case that is why this board and other similar ones usually have the ignore feature and in my experience it is usually structured this way.

"Variety is the spice of life."

At least for some.  :)

10 minutes ago, modeeper said:

Ugly response?  Whomever doesn't lick your boots is ugly, eh?  

Many of y'all were so busy working saving up for your retirement and mobile trailer you never got out much.  If a guy who has gotten out a lot writes what is to you off-the-wall and ugly all that says to me is that my deduction that many of you are tourists with furniture is correct. 

Go figure, a poster who expresses himself with an aire of confidence irks you, and if you believe an Ego is a bad thing .. if you believe alternative personalities need to be ignored or even banned from the board, you just might be a hick.  I'm from a city, a very big one.  Do I go too fast ferya?    

Does anyone need further evidence of this guys' belief in his own superiority and contempt for others?

4 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Ignore seems to work here the same as it does on other boards I visit.  You see the person's name, avatar and any information that usually appears in the name/avatar block but you do not see the message.  That however does not prevent others from quoting the ignored person and that quote appearing in their post unless you've also ignored the quoting person as well.

I find it interesting that so many feel threatened by other posters whose opinions and biases don't agree with their own.  But in any case that is why this board and other similar ones usually have the ignore feature and in my experience it is usually structured this way.

"Variety is the spice of life."

At least for some.  :)

Can't disagree, but where is the line between the board's "forbidden" personal insults and what we're seeing on this thread?  Some of it is further over the line than the Octagon on TOB, where verbal slugfests are  permitted.

7 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

I happen to like diversity of opinion and experiences. With this forum's double your money back guarantee, what's the annoyance?

There's the key.  Now let me think, who is the person who can't bear diversity.   

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, gringal said:

Can't disagree, but where is the line between the board's "forbidden" personal insults and what we're seeing on this thread?

I'm no psychiatrist but I've watched Dr. Phil a lot.:)  You're a Freudian delight you are. 

Well it certainly wasn't easy saving for this:

Image result for two story RV

Unfortunately I ended up with this:

kingkong-fullsize.jpg

I'm chuckling because I actually had that very truck with a Mitchell camper at one point.  That's a 1969 GMC/Chevy camper special.  Great truck that could pass everything but a gas station.

And man, look at those hair dos.

Let's keep it light and non personal please.

1 minute ago, Mainecoons said:

Well it certainly wasn't easy saving for this:

Image result for two story RV

Unfortunately I ended up with this:

kingkong-fullsize.jpg

I'm chuckling because I actually had that very truck with a Mitchell camper at one point.  That's a 1969 GMC/Chevy camper special.  Great truck that could pass everything but a gas station.

Cool.  Any problem with low bridges?  And is it really okay with you to develop an Octagon on here? 

Archived