Chapala.com Webboard

Sending mail NOB

I tried searching under "mail" but a lot of different threads came up so it may be easier just to ask again.

I need to mail several letters back to Canada but because they're going to post office boxes rather than actual physical addresses I've been told I can't use a courier - it has to be by mail.

What's the best way to mail letters NOB from Ajijic? 

Thx

Dale

We go to church and each week the ministers asks if there is anyone going NOB who can take mail. There is usually someone going.  That's how we get our mail handled each time.  It has proved to be quite reliable.

There is also the LCS if one is a member. I have found this service to be iffy in the past but as my mail was not delivered only once in ten years, I do make use of it. One other time there was an unexplainable long delay in the delivery.

By pass the Mexican postal system as it is hopelessly slow. Frist option is to get it into the US postal system via iShop, HandMail, LCS etc. A better option is to bypass the US postal system also as it is slow. Bypass it by finding someone going to Canada who will mail it there. 

I have used the LCS service for all of my mail going to the USA for 15 years.  Never anything lost and delivered within 2 weeks.  It all depends on when it leaves the LCS office which depends on volunteers to take it.   You must be a member of the LCS to use this service, and they sell stamps.

Archived