Chapala.com Webboard

deleted by poster

Just so everyone understands: relocating a cat is harming it. Cats are territorial. Removing it from its territory will expose it to attacks from other cats whose territory it is now invading. It will not have the food and shelter sources it has established. Relocation is not as kind and harmless as it sounds.

What is the cat doing that is so annoying? 

We have a cadre of roaming cats through our yard (4 regulars + few off/on wanderers).  Yes, they sometimes set off motion lights and wake us up.  Yes, they want to sleep on my patio cushions until I ask them to scoot.  Yes, one or two leave a calling card on our lawn from time to time.  Yes, the occasional early morning cat fight can disturb us.  None of these things would lead us to try to remove them; for all we know some of them may be pets...quien sabe??  

If you want to deter this cat from coming onto your property, try something like this: 

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-scarecrow-sprinklers

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2017 at 11:36 AM, Xena said:

Just so everyone understands: relocating a cat is harming it. Cats are territorial. Removing it from its territory will expose it to attacks from other cats whose territory it is now invading. It will not have the food and shelter sources it has established. Relocation is not as kind and harmless as it sounds.

OMG yet another expert.  Yes cats are territorial, what animal isn't, ants to elephants.  It takes mine about a day to get used to a new location.      

Archived