Chapala.com Webboard

Chinese Pug male found

My neighbor (former Octavio Paz) in Riberas has taken in a lost Chinese Pug found wearing a ripped and shredded shirt and a collar.  It looks to be a younger dog but I am no authority on age of dogs.  If you know of anyone missing a Pug please PM me and I will put you in touch with the people caring for the little one.  Someone must be looking for this little guy.

1 minute ago, streetcar said:

My neighbor (former Octavio Paz) in Riberas has taken in a lost Chinese Pug found wearing a ripped and shredded shirt and a collar.  It looks to be a younger dog but I am no authority on age of dogs.  If you know of anyone missing a Pug please PM me and I will put you in touch with the people caring for the little one.  Someone must be looking for this little guy.

Here is a photo of him.

IMG_0443 (1).jpg

1 minute ago, camillenparadise said:

He looks to be at least five, based on my life with pugs. Please continue to keep me updated....I am too old to have two, but will do anything I can to help. Pugs don't live as street dogs. Someone is looking for this little boy.

I hope his owners step up.  I so worry that he might have been dumped.  By the way, I've always found that two dogs are easier than one because they keep each other company.

Apparently the dog named “Elvis” has been found however, the woman with a number of pugs is willing to care for the little lost dog until the owner is located and she is in a better position to look after him.  We will keep posting to find the real owner and hope he wasn’t dumped.  In any event he will be kept safe, warm and well fed by someone that knows the care requirements of pugs.

20 hours ago, bdlngton said:

By the way, I've always found that two dogs are easier than one because they keep each other company.

I totally agree and, unfortunately, I've only been aware of this in the last 18 months since Ginny joined Cora and I. They are good buds and keep each other company. It is enormously entertaining to watch the two of them play and roughhouse. Cora has learned from Ginny and Ginny has learned from Cora and I've learned from the both of them. Two, imho, is the minimum.

And would be for me, but for mobility issues (balance)! As it is my one boy has dropped me when on leash several times. I served on the board of Pug Rescue in Texas for 20 years  and never had fewer than four old ladies at a time. Just like in real life, the old ladies are hard to place! So glad a pug lady has stepped up for this little boy!

14 hours ago, streetcar said:

Apparently the dog named “Elvis” has been found however, the woman with a number of pugs is willing to care for the little lost dog until the owner is located and she is in a better position to look after him.  We will keep posting to find the real owner and hope he wasn’t dumped.  In any event he will be kept safe, warm and well fed by someone that knows the care requirements of pugs.

So is this guy being placed with her for now?  I have had several responses on other groups from people interested in adopting him.  Whom should I refer them to?  You can PM me.

Just a reminder to those who are so quick to give the dog away, most Mexicans do not read this. Care should be taken to visit the vets in the area to see if anyone knows this dog as well as putting up posters in the area in which he was found. I'd hate for this to happen to one of mine before I found out where he is.

No one is in a hurry to give the dog away. Every post I have seen about this dog states clearly that he is being fostered and a search is on for his owner. Since pugs are a desirable breed people are taking a number to get in line in case the owner is not found. 

Archived