Chapala.com Webboard

Fresh (or frozen) Whole Cranberries

Bisbee Gal

4 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Today, in bags at the front of the store where the berries are kept. 79p.

Any idea what portion of a kilo one gets for 79 pesos?  Inquiring minds...

7 hours ago, More Liana said:

Any idea what portion of a kilo one gets for 79 pesos?  Inquiring minds...

11 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Today, in bags at the front of the store where the berries are kept. 79p.

I got 2 bags early Sunday morning at SL, front of store.  They were marked 69p and rang up the same.  12 ounces, so 340 grams.

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I got 2 bags early Sunday morning at SL, front of store.  They were marked 69p and rang up the same.  12 ounces, so 340 grams.

Thanks, what a deal!  You guys should buy them all and come over here to Mexico City to resell them.  Some people I know found (and bought) some in a supermarket here for 230 pesos/kilo.  :huh: 

4 minutes ago, More Liana said:

Thanks, what a deal!  You guys should buy them all and come over here to Mexico City to resell them.  Some people I know found (and bought) some in a supermarket here for 230 pesos/kilo.  :huh: 

Isn't that about the same as here?  

230/1000 = .23p per gram

69/340 = .202p per gram 

Note: I am not a math wizard and metric is not my mother tongue, so it's possible I am comparing apples and oranges (or cranberries in this case).  

On 12/18/2017 at 9:02 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Isn't that about the same as here?  

230/1000 = .23p per gram

69/340 = .202p per gram 

Note: I am not a math wizard and metric is not my mother tongue, so it's possible I am comparing apples and oranges (or cranberries in this case).  

You are correct. Previous poster is either math challenged or didn't notice that you were talking about a 340 gram bag.

Friend of mine who has a twisted sense of humor was in charge of selling drink tickets at an event. The tickets were $1.50 each. He started telling people "$1.50 each or 3 for $5". You wouldn't believe how many people went for the 3 for $5.

Archived