Chapala.com Webboard

Reliable package delivery service

Kevin K

While I never had problems in the past I have had two major ones in the past couple of months with items sent via USPS International and am looking for alternatives. A box of coffee sent as a gift from a roastery in Atlanta was professionally packaged and shipped and the paperwork filled out correctly but took a month to arrive and when it did arrive all I got was a notice from the Chapala P.O. wanting me to pay duties that were five times the cost of the contents! A second package (tea) shipped by the same method on November 14th never arrived at all and fell off of the tracking radar on arrival in Mexico City on 11/17. So...never again with USPS or Estefeta. 

I have seen ads for "Extended Roads Package Delivery Service"  in the Ojo but don't know them. They apparently bring packages in from McAllen TX to SMA and then use FedEx from there. Anyone know them, or have any other services (DHL? UPS?) to recommend for an occasional lightweight package?

I have had good results with both Fedex and DHL I get the package delivered to iShop rather than my home as they are they all day.

Archived