Chapala.com Webboard

Net Neutrality abolished in the states

michael2595

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I'm seeing my adblockers being blocked more and more.  How about you?

Yes, things are slipping through that weren't, before.  Some adblockers, like VPN's, are more effective than others.

If all else fails, one does have the choice of getting news from a favorite newspaper by paying for an online subscription,  staying in contact with the important people in life through emails, and turning to Kindles for reading material.  In the recesses of my aging memory lie snippets from the days where people actually talked to one another while dining and the only things in their hands were eating utensils.  Another lifetime, si?

:D

21 minutes ago, gringal said:

Does it still count if their phone rings?:rolleyes:

As long as they don't answer...........no harm, no foul. Most of us turn them off to save money on the bill!

On 12/14/2017 at 2:14 PM, michael2595 said:

I am not sure if it will hurt Mexico internet users but just an FYI.

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted along party lines on Thursday to repeal landmark 2015 rules that intended to ensure a free and open Internet, as protesters gather to oppose the change.

The 3-2 ruling sets up a court fight over a move that opponents fear will recast the digital landscape.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5180015/Protesters-gather-U-S-regulators-meet-end-net-neutrality.html

Be grateful. Trump's FCC just restored it to what it had been since the 70s.  Obo only changed it in 2015.  Let me ask  you did the internet improve more over the last 45 years or are you happy with what the impovements over the last two years? The Pbo measures would have stiffled innovation. A competitpr wouldn't innovate if the governmey wouldn't do it.nt controlled their pricing. What if somepne had a way to increase the speed ten fold, if they couldn't charge for this improvement the

3 minutes ago, geeser said:

A competitpr wouldn't innovate if the governmey wouldn't do it.nt controlled their pricing. What if somepne had a way to increase the speed ten fold, if they couldn't charge for this improvement the

Obo's rule did not control pricing nor rates vs. speeds. It was fair market before and after. Net neutrality said equal data speeds for all and equal access for all. Big business is watching you now.

In the recent net neutrality ruling as in so many other current US issues, It`s more than painfully obvious that the current US "administration" is making whatever grab they can make for their 1% contributors before the needs and rights of the average person once again gain priority which will be in November of 2018.  All hats off to the remaining part of government in the US (judicial) which still functions in the interests of basic human rights, after the recent failure of the executive and legislative branches in that regard.

53 minutes ago, bdmowers said:

In the recent net neutrality ruling as in so many other current US issues, It`s more than painfully obvious that the current US "administration" is making whatever grab they can make for their 1% contributors before the needs and rights of the average person once again gain priority which will be in November of 2018.  All hats off to the remaining part of government in the US (judicial) which still functions in the interests of basic human rights, after the recent failure of the executive and legislative branches in that regard.

Really ??????????????????????????????????????????

That is :D to me, as I see it completely different !!!

1 hour ago, geeser said:

Be grateful. Trump's FCC just restored it to what it had been since the 70s. 

"Among other things, the decision permits the companies to discriminate against data that flows along their networks. That means Comcast could theoretically charge customers more if they watch a lot of Netflix, or potentially serve Netflix data at a slower speed. Internet service providers, or ISPs, had been accused of doing exactly that, before net neutrality rules were in place."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/net-neutrality-repeal-consumers_us_5a33e946e4b01d429cc8397b?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

2 hours ago, geeser said:

Be grateful. Trump's FCC just restored it to what it had been since the 70s.  Obo only changed it in 2015.  Let me ask  you did the internet improve more over the last 45 years or are you happy with what the impovements over the last two years? The Pbo measures would have stiffled innovation. A competitpr wouldn't innovate if the governmey wouldn't do it.nt controlled their pricing. What if somepne had a way to increase the speed ten fold, if they couldn't charge for this improvement the

AT&T, Comcast, Verizon, and Time Warner have a “natural monopoly” since they’ve simply been at it the longest. While the Telecommunications Act of 1996 attempted to incentivize competition to upset these established businesses, it didn’t take into account the near impossibility of doing so. As Howard Zinn wrote in A People’s History of the United States, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 simply “enabled the handful of corporations dominating the airwaves to expand their power further.”  https://psmag.com/news/why-is-american-internet-so-slow

The U.S. ranks 28th in the world in mobile internet speeds

We have slower mobile internet than Greece. Greece!

https://www.recode.net/2017/6/7/15747486/united-states-developed-world-mobile-internet-speeds-akamai

13 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

"Among other things, the decision permits the companies to discriminate against data that flows along their networks. That means Comcast could theoretically charge customers more if they watch a lot of Netflix, or potentially serve Netflix data at a slower speed. Internet service providers, or ISPs, had been accused of doing exactly that, before net neutrality rules were in place."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/net-neutrality-repeal-consumers_us_5a33e946e4b01d429cc8397b?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

It "scares" me just the "potential" of it all ! :D

Reminds me of the arguments against The New Tax Bill, NOB. Lots of "Fake News" put out there. One thing I can "guarantee" you is that those NOB who elected this new administration are not the least fazed by anything the Left puts out, as they are Extremely Pleased with things that have been accomplished daily by the new administration and their effortsd to return control and power to the People of the States, and The Supreme Court is right there backing the move.

6 minutes ago, Hud said:

It "scares" me just the "potential" of it all ! :D

Reminds me of the arguments against The New Tax Bill, NOB. Lots of "Fake News" put out there. One thing I can "guarantee" you is that those NOB who elected this new administration are not the least fazed by anything the Left puts out, as they are Extremely Pleased with things that have been accomplished daily by the new administration and their effortsd to return control and power to the People of the States, and The Supreme Court is right there backing the move.

The term Jackhole comes to mind.

39 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

The term Jackhole comes to mind.

One thing for sure is that when Left "Jackhole elitists" get their "panties in a wad" with something done by the current NOB administration, it makes the average USA citizen feel really good about that administration. You can take that to the bank. :D

Archived