Chapala.com Webboard

Tuesday Market

artsnob

19 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Friends of mine went today and Deena was not there, they were told she is no longer there,, she has been with them since they started, has She gone elsewhere...

Deena will no longer be at the Tuesday market.  She said she will be at the Monday market at Sunrise restaurant from now on.

13 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Haha, nothing has changed since we first visited the Ajijic tiangus in 2001. Super Lake also, they think they're at a social function.

Interesting observation, it also carries over to our local church, complete  disrespect for coming into the church...please leave your chit chat gossip outside 

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Haha, nothing has changed since we first visited the Ajijic tiangus in 2001. Super Lake also, they think they're at a social function.

Except for the fact that I don't think anybody in this thread is talking about the Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic. So many markets, it get's confusing. And they're all social. I think they go this way:

Monday: San Antonio

Tuesday: La Huerta Evento, west Ajijic

Wednesday: Traditional Ajijic Tianguis on Revolución

9 hours ago, Travis said:

Except for the fact that I don't think anybody in this thread is talking about the Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic. So many markets, it get's confusing. And they're all social. I think they go this way:

Agree, but people were talking about why some vendors are giving up at some of the markets. Too many "customers" are just there to see and be seen, not to buy anything.

17 hours ago, Metuchenmama said:

The problem with the Tuesday market is that many vendors have the same products.  Vegetables and breads are paritcularly over represented.

Not really.  e.g. only one vendor sells sourdough bread,  several veggie vendors with very little overlap;  e.g. our vendor for beets is the only one, hierloom tomatoes, only one vendors, lamb, only one vendor, etc..

Particularly in high season, Tuesday market is an overcrowded gauntlet to run to get the few things we want.  Getting in and out in less than 15 minutes is our desired goal.  That's a "social" occasion?  Wow!  Just getting in the door when the bell rings feels like being part of a stampeding herd.  :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Travis said:

You missed the biggest Monday Tianguis in Chapala

5 hours ago, gringal said:

Particularly in high season, Tuesday market is an overcrowded gauntlet to run to get the few things we want.  Getting in and out in less than 15 minutes is our desired goal.  That's a "social" occasion?  Wow!  Just getting in the door when the bell rings feels like being part of a stampeding herd.  :rolleyes:

Image result for cattle stampede pictures

20 hours ago, El Saltos said:

I don't notice the social gathering.  I"m busy shopping for organic eggs, lamb, chicken, and beef as well as better veggies than I can get at SuperLake or Walmart.

As far as I am concerned "organic" at these weekly events is just a scam to raise the prices of the same things that you can get at the local Tianguis at half the price. At Walmart or Superlake you have to spend a little time searching for the freshest fruits and vegetables but again the same products at a much lower price. If it makes you feel better believing the "organic" claims (what is the proof?) then go for it. 

Archived