Chapala.com Webboard

Carpeting

sunshine1

For sixty years I lived with wall-to-wall carpeting but I would probably not consider installing any around Lakeside.  Bugs, insects and other creatures getting under the carpet would concern me.  Also, the amount of dust in the air, especially in the dry season would require vacuuming every day, perhaps?  I guess in a high-rise apartment, carpeting would work.  What I do like about wall-to-wall carpeting is soft, quieting effect.  Too many hard surfaces makes these Mexican houses very echoey (sp.).  Just thinking out aloud...

12 minutes ago, Ellie said:

After 20+ years my Oriental carpets are as great as ever.  They are vacuumed weekly, look great on the tile floors and this time of year at least, SOME of the floors are warm. Have not had a problem with bugs, etc.

Agreed!  I'm assuming your Oriental carpets are "rugs".  That's a good compromise for wall-to-wall carpets...

I agree regarding dust, bugs , etc but the reason I ask is for someone who is having great difficulty walking on the tile floors due to some leg issues and feels carpet would be more beneficial in their case.  I guess it doesn;t have to be wall to wall, but large enough to cover large areas - wouldn;t want several small carpets as that would increase likelihood of a fall.....

Archived