Chapala.com Webboard

How to dial US toll free number?

court0503

35 minutes ago, court0503 said:

From a Mexican cell can someone tell me how to dial toll free US numbers? (800, 888 ..) 

thank you

I only know that the US 800 numbers usually do not continue into Mexico. And that therefore one must pay your landline provider 7 pesos per minute to use a special number created for each different US 800, 888, number. I have no idea how it works with a cell phone. Being cheap I always use my VoIP internet landline. It is like making a Vonage internet call rather than my Telcel Amigo plan cell phone when calling a US or Canadian 800 number

800 numbers are toll free in the USA,  For example: If you call from a Mexican landline 880 they will not connect and if you go to the website of the company of government agency they have a regular área code phone number to call for people who are out of the country. MagicJack works, Skype also because they have US numbers. My bank´s  800 number will only connect from my MagicJack not from my Telmex land line using 880 as an example. Maybe some people have had different experiences.

2 hours ago, court0503 said:

No - the alternate numbers provided in responses above do not work from my Telcel  phone.  Problem with using Skype is that’s it’s not practical when you’re on hold for 45 minutes .

( I resolved my problem by using a friends Vonage) 

What's not practical? Skype is SO dirt cheap, you can sit there and do something else while you wait.....

Try gethuman.com. Just type in the name of the company that you are trying to reach. If the company is in the database, you can get lots of detailed information on how best to reach them by phone. Some of them have a "call-back" option so that you do not have to waste time while on hold. I have used it for several years and it works for me on most 800 type phone numbers.

https://gethuman.com/

1 hour ago, nolajoe said:

Try gethuman.com. Just type in the name of the company that you are trying to reach. If the company is in the database, you can get lots of detailed information on how best to reach them by phone. Some of them have a "call-back" option so that you do not have to waste time while on hold. I have used it for several years and it works for me on most 800 type phone numbers.

https://gethuman.com/

Very cool site, thanks!

Archived