Chapala.com Webboard

Renting a Vehicle one way from Laredo, TX

willtravel

You mean Nuevo Laredo Mx. I presume.

One way car rentals don´t really happen here like NOB. The franchises here do not have the same setup as you are used to. If an owner of a franchise happens to have another franchise in a particular city you want to drop off the car it might be cheaper to do then. 

If not he will sent someone to pick his car up. This will cost you dearly as the mileage and gas to return the car, the empoyee´s expenses,  wage and overtime etc. will be your responsibility. The farther away the more you will pay, possibly several hundred USDs in some cases.

23 minutes ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

You can't bring a rented vehicle across the border into Mexico.

Based on my past experience, that is not true. Some NOB rentals allow cross border use and issue the needed insurance. This would not be applicable to the OPs desire to come to Guad though.

1 hour ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

You can't bring a rented vehicle across the border into Mexico.  Can you rent one in Nuevo Laredo?

Why can't you bring a rented vehicle across the border...?  As long as the rental company allow cross border travel and supply the documentation you won't have a problem.. Don't know about Laredo but if you were in San Diego you wouldn't have a problem...

6 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why can't you bring a rented vehicle across the border...?  As long as the rental company allow cross border travel and supply the documentation you won't have a problem.. Don't know about Laredo but if you were in San Diego you wouldn't have a problem...

There only would not be a problem if you were returning the vehicle.  The OP is looking for a one way rental - not much hope of that I am afraid.

Some rentals may be permitted in the free zones, such as Baja, parts of Sonora, etc., but not actually on an Importada Temporal for the interior of Mexico, which can only be done by the owner of the vehicle, as I understand it.  UHaul rentals are also out of the question.

It is also true that one-way rentals within Mexico are not common & may not even be possible.

Archived