Chapala.com Webboard

West Ajijic is growing

Kyle

Many years ago and I believe it was around 2008, a Texan group opened a grocery store at the location that now host the Tuesday market. I started shopping there as at that time I lived on the west side of Ajijic. Great parking and in the beginning great selection of imported goods. Very quickly, the shelves started to look depleted. 

Now, the story I got at the time is that there shipments of food stuff were being delayed at the border by .......... 

The business closed shortly after.

25 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Many years ago and I believe it was around 2008, a Texan group opened a grocery store at the location that now host the Tuesday market. I started shopping there as at that time I lived on the west side of Ajijic. Great parking and in the beginning great selection of imported goods. Very quickly, the shelves started to look depleted. 

Now, the story I got at the time is that there shipments of food stuff were being delayed at the border by .......... 

Sounds like the owners didn't have an understanding of supply chain issues importing to MX. 

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

I remember that place.  Yep, the importing hassle killed it  I think they were a bit before their time too.

That location if true would be a parking/access nightmare.  He'd be much better to open something on the west side.  There are a lot more people out there now who would probably welcome and use an import-oriented market.  It is not easy to wade through Ajijic centro these days to get to the east side.

El Bar Co parking is a nightmare.  A no-fly zone.  A true West Ajijic location would be very welcome due to the ever increasing traffic getting to the East end from centro Ajijic.  But...Pancho found an opportune place to open up, so I understand why he's there.

Archived