Chapala.com Webboard

Custom Furniture Designer & Maker

cybertramp

Hi,

We are moving into our new home in Ajijic this coming January.

We would like recommendations for a competent craftsman to help design and build contemporary hard wood office furniture for 2 offices. Specifically large desks, hutchs, bookcase, printer stand and lateral file cabinet.

I know there are several past references for same on this forum but I would like current information and experiences. Companies and staff do change.

TIA.

Warm regards,

Sharon & Frank

Noe has both stock furniture and will customize.  I am in the US now so I don't have access to his business card, but others will chime in, I''m sure.  Noe keeps a large binder of work he has done for others so you can see if you like what he does.  His work is mostly Mexico-rustico.  His showroom/workshop is on the carretera not too far west of Orma car parts store in Riberas,  on the mountain side.  Noe's shop is on the lateral of the carretera.  

He is very pleasant to deal with and makes deadlines, often earlier than quoted.  

Sharon and Frank

We have had Luis from Rustico make numerous pieces for us over 8 years. The most recent a huge wall unit with built in desk. I will be happy to show them to you when you arrive. I can also send you some photos

signed,

your new neighbor across the street

José Espiritu on Guadalupe Victoria does fine furniture.  We had a bookcase and desk built and used maple.  It is beautiful 

Also have maple custom kitchen cabinets. This family has been in business for several generations. Their work is excellent and not that expensive.  We had our kitchen redone up north and the price was not even close.  Good luck

You have some good recommendations for folks at Lakeside and I have seen very nice work completed by many of them.

But if you are looking for something really special take a look at this place - not at Lakeside but pretty easy to get to and he has made, delivered and installed several things for us - we live in Ajijic. He even came to our house to take measurements for a mesquite front door, some counter tops, etc. Not the cheapest but truly exceptional quality, creativity and workmanship.

Most of the stuff we have bought has been mesquite but he works in other woods too. He has a huge showroom and he can make anything you want. He does residential stuff but also lots of commercial stuff for restaurants, bars, offices, etc. Speak with Erik - very talented young man who speaks perfect English. Long time family business.

http://www.ornelas.com.mx/WP/

REC: I have been looking for a source for a Bar Top. I have had the supporting legs for about 2 yrs while looking for a top? Does he carry & can he modify "Live Edge" slabs of wood, finishing the top & support ing legs, attaching my legs & install all in our Casa?

REC,

I was just at Replicas y Originales yesterday. Eric's email is ventas at ornelas.com.mx. His cell is 33-22-05-12-29. It is easy to get to by taking the (now old) bypass just past the airport entrance about 12 K to the exit for Zapotlanejo. That highway is Carretera a Los Altos. After getting on that(east bound), it is about 2 K on the right. 

MK, best go by there are talk to Eric.

Fernando next to moms restaurant has the best quality and prices

the store facing the carretera with   all the unpainted furniture

he did two bedroom sets for us using paroda wood, Mexican walnut.

we had the design he made to order, finished in 10 days. he competent and projects done ina average of 10 days.

22 hours ago, mkshawn said:

REC: I have been looking for a source for a Bar Top. I have had the supporting legs for about 2 yrs while looking for a top? Does he carry & can he modify "Live Edge" slabs of wood, finishing the top & support ing legs, attaching my legs & install all in our Casa?

I am not sure exactly what you are describing but I would guess that he could handle that. He delivered and installed several things for us but we were buying quite a bit of stuff. As tomgates said it is probably best to go speak with Eric in person. Their showroom and work areas are fascinating. But be careful - every time we have been there we wound buying something in addition to what we went there for - LOL.

"Live Edge" generally indicates that the profile of the slab shows bark on the public side of the bar, while the shape in plan view conforms to the original growth pattern. There is a bar/restaurant west of Ajijic that has used these slabs to great effect. I will follow up, tks again.

Archived