Chapala.com Webboard

meat pie

nutz

3 minutes ago, nutz said:

does  anyone out there know where to get real French Canadian meat pies for Christmas.  I don't know French so can't spell the real name of the pies.

You'll find all manner of information with a Google search for "French Canadian meat pies"

1 hour ago, Al Berca said:

Francine is the owner of Mel's Restaurant and is French Canadian. She makes delicious tourtieres which are sold at her restaurant and will make them for carry out if ordered a few days in advance. Her cellphone number is 331-402-4223.

That is good to know. I haven't made or had any for years.

4 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Francine is the owner of Mel's Restaurant and is French Canadian. She makes delicious tourtieres which are sold at her restaurant and will make them for carry out if ordered a few days in advance. Her cellphone number is 331-402-4223.

Thanks., will give her a call

There is a lady at the Wed tiangas in Ajijic who sells baked and fried empanadas. One is a ground beef. The fried ones are very good. She is about halfway down on the east side.

7 hours ago, tomgates said:

There is a lady at the Wed tiangas in Ajijic who sells baked and fried empanadas. One is a ground beef. The fried ones are very good. She is about halfway down on the east side.

Empanadas and tourtieres are not even close to being comparable, so I would suggest to talk to a real French Canadian like Francine who knows what they are.

Williams Burg Pies just advertised "French Canadian Meat Pie" $130 pesos delivery on Friday; email is williamsburgpiepays@gmail.com  or 3310156102

FYI their chicken pot pie serves 6 so likely the tourtière would also, but you might ask to be sure.

I have contacted Williams Burg Pies and they will bring me Friday a French Canadian Meat Pie and a Chicken Pot Pie, both 130 pesos each. A Mr. Samuel Gámez quickly replied to my email and after asking he said, "we  also  make  coconut cream pie, lemon cream pie,  k-lime pie-  apple pie   three berry pie,  appleberry pie,  creamy cheese pie, pecan pie,  púmpkin [pie]". He also said he delivers to the American Legion, now you know too.

After I try the meat and the chicken pies, I will post my impressions. I have complete confidence the meat pie will be better than any empanada I have ever had.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:08 PM, WideSky said:

Williams Burg Pies just advertised "French Canadian Meat Pie" $130 pesos delivery on Friday; email is williamsburgpiepays@gmail.com  or 3310156102

FYI their chicken pot pie serves 6 so likely the tourtière would also, but you might ask to be sure.

Where are they located? Do they only do delivery? Gracias

Archived