Chapala.com Webboard

US passport renewal at Lakeside?

bdlngton

Next visit to Legion and LCS is Dec 6th. 

Bring original passport, filled out document you get online, copy of your passport, check from Banamex for amount Consulate states, if incorrect they will let you pay in pesos the difference. USA passport photo, Farmacia Guadalajara does them , very quick and cheap..

Picture ID like drivers license, or permanente. 

Legion they arrive at 9:30 ( be early or you will wait a long time ) 10:30 ish they go to LCS ??  I think correct time.  You have to go the next month to pick up your passport with your receipt and photo ID...See you there, I am picking mine up Dec 6 at Legion. LOL.

You are welcome Xena...mine expires Feb. but I wanted to get a jump on it, so am happy next Weds is just pickup.

I arrived at the legion at 8:30 and was # 6 in line for renewal.  My check was for wrong amount so just paid difference in pesos.  My fault as I had planned to go month earlier so was different amount. 

I was not aware needed copy of passport so thankfully was early and ran and got one, it can be color or black and white not important. 

Good Luck Xena.

The consulate accepts  renewals and delivers already processed passports on the same day. Newly processed passport renewals are handed out first before processing new paperwork which is then returned the following month when they visit. Don't know about the Legion but there is a local photographer at LCS who,will take and print your photo while you wait your turn. And if you choose not to fill out the application on line and print yourself, the office at LCS also has the forms...you just pay a few pesos for the copy charge.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:17 PM, bezerk said:

Next visit to Legion and LCS is Dec 6th. 

Bring original passport, filled out document you get online, copy of your passport, check from Banamex for amount Consulate states, if incorrect they will let you pay in pesos the difference. USA passport photo, Farmacia Guadalajara does them , very quick and cheap..

Picture ID like drivers license, or permanente. 

Legion they arrive at 9:30 ( be early or you will wait a long time ) 10:30 ish they go to LCS ??  I think correct time.  You have to go the next month to pick up your passport with your receipt and photo ID...See you there, I am picking mine up Dec 6 at Legion. LOL.

I was under the impression that the photos from Farmacia Guadalajara were not acceptable for passports.  Has anybody had photos taken there accepted by consulate for passport renewal?

Often, if you have your picture taken at the Farmacia Guadalajara, your photos will be rejected. It was explained why, a few years back, but I don't remember what was said.

Oh, and I got my new US passport in May 2014 in Seattle, and I was wearing my glasses, when the picture was taken, at a local Seattle Drugstore.. You can see my glasses on me when looking at my passport

Archived