Chapala.com Webboard

Need my internet line checked

elpind

Awhile back somebody posted a number for a non telmex person who would trace down your telmex line looking for problems.  I have done several searches and am unable to find his. Umber.  Can that somebody please repost.  I am so tired of up and down internet conection I am willing to try anything.

3 hours ago, elpind said:

Awhile back somebody posted a number for a non telmex person who would trace down your telmex line looking for problems.  I have done several searches and am unable to find his. Umber.  Can that somebody please repost.  I am so tired of up and down internet conection I am willing to try anything.

This name was posted by a regular here:   Jose luis Gonzalez, former TelMex linesman.   331-326-4662

Have you tried calling #2222 from a landline?  When the message comes on press 1.  The next message press 1 again.  Wait for a few minutes .. it might sound like there's nothing on the line.  Then a person will come on ... Ask for someone who speaks English.  They will have someone and will help you.  Be next to your modem as they will need the serial number as well as the other numbers that are displayed.  I did this the other day even though it was reported here that this doesn't work.  I was very fortunate because they found my problem quickly.  Our problem happened to be that we did not have a splitter on each phone line that was in use.  We just moved and we didn't have the splitters on all landlines in our previous home.  However, the minute I installed the splitter on the landline in the bedroom, we had instant internet in the computer room.

It was Ferret on this board who hired a guy who found the physical problem, when TelMex guys could/would not.

As for TelMex support staff in Mexico City, which is Wookie is referring, they do have a pile of excuses, but there are a couple of tech support people who can often help.

I am glad I have been very fortunate over the last few years ... Never had any thing but help when calling them.  They have also been extremely patient with me as I follow their instructions as to what to do and communicate  in order to solve the problem.  

Archived