Chapala.com Webboard

Excessive TELCEL balance

bajandy

I don't like or use cell fones and only have it for roadside emergencies.  I pay 100P every 2 mos and have managed to accumulate a 3800P balance that I will never use.  Ideally I would like to transfer the balance to either my maid or gardener or some other fashion where the money does some good instead of fattening Carlos Slim.

From what little I have been able to find out TELCEL is a real shit about balance transfers so I am at a loss of what to do.  Any ideas about the constructive use of my TELCEL balance would be much appreciated.

I’ve done this once, but it was a while ago. It was a series of stuff I had to punch in and I transferred $$ from my phone to my hubby’s. My Telcel “go to” person who is nice and helpful is Silvia who is INSIDE Plaza Bugambilias, on your right on the ground level just inside the main door. Go see her and take with you the number / numbers of the phone(s) to which you wish to transfer funds and I’m sure she will do it for you. Then give her a 50 peso tip for doing it.

It used to be very simple to transfer excess pesos to another person who had the same general plan as you. I suspect that it still is.

You do something like dial 7373 plus something else and then the Cell phone # of the person you want to transfer funds to. There was/is a minor charge for performing this service.  Ask any teenager or waiter at your favorite restaurant; they will know how.

Thanks for answers so far.  I was told that the max transfer was 200p/month, that the recipient had to use the amount within 10 days or it would be forfeit, and that the transfer was a one time deal, not to be repeated.  Based on this info it sounds like an impractical hassle.

I am curious enough to go ask the person where I get my time. Really. It is real simple to do, it's just that I forgot the added numbers you have to enter before you enter your friend's cell #. And I was never told that the funds transferred had to be used in 10 days. I hope you are wrong.

28 minutes ago, bajandy said:

I don't like or use cell fones and only have it for roadside emergencies.  I pay 100P every 2 mos and have managed to accumulate a 3800P balance that I will never use.  Ideally I would like to transfer the balance to either my maid or gardener or some other fashion where the money does some good instead of fattening Carlos Slim.

From what little I have been able to find out TELCEL is a real shit about balance transfers so I am at a loss of what to do.  Any ideas about the constructive use of my TELCEL balance would be much appreciated.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telcel.com%2Fpersonas%2Fservicios%2Fotros%2Fpasatiempo%23&edit-text=&act=url

If you have an Amigo, share your balance with another Telcel Amigo throughout Mexico.

In order to use PasaTiempo your line must be active and with sufficient balance to make the transfer for the requested amount, plus the cost of the message.

Send PasaTiempo

You can send from $ 5 to $ 200 to any Amigo Telcel user in all of Mexico.

Cost per shipment (SMS)

Cost of operation of the service

From $ 5 to $ 200

$ 0.00 $ 5.00

In order to use PasaTiempo your line must be active and with enough balance to make the transfer for the amount requested, plus commission.

The charge for sending a PassTime, through any of the available modalities, is $ 5.00 including VAT and deducted from your Amigo Balance. For example: if you want to send $ 200, $ 205 will be deducted from your Amigo Balance.

The charge for the user who receives the PassTime is $ 0.00. For example: if you send $ 200 as PasaTiempo, you are paid $ 200 of Balance Amigo.

Check the Terms and Conditions.

If you want to send a Pass Time, verify that your available balance adds up to the amount of balance you want to share plus the $ 5.00 charge. For example, if you want to send $ 200, you must have at least $ 205 of Amigo Balance.

Check your available balance by sending an SMS with the word CONSULTATION to the dial 7373, or in the PasaTiempo app.

Share your balance through any of the following means:

1.- Send an SMS to the dialing 7373

Write the Amigo number of Telcel to which you wish to send the PassTime, leave a blank space and indicate the amount without pesos you wish to send.

Example:

marcacion-7373-prepago.jpg

The process is simple.

Create a text message with the phone number and the amount, ie:         3331234567 200

Send the text to  phone number   7373

Both you and the receiver will receive a text message back from Telcel confirming the transfer.

The credit takes on the same expiration date as whatever credit the receiver already has.

Best if the receiving phone has recently added a credit with a 60 day expiration. 

If they have no credit on their phone, it has an expiration of 10 days.

You have to make sure the receiving phone is also Telcel. Can't transfer credit

to a phone usig Movistar, or any other, provider.

Archived