Chapala.com Webboard

Washing Machine Recommendation?

Frijoles

We need one too.  Wanted Whirlpool...cheapest place so far is in Chapala.  $6,199.00 at the store as you are driving toward Soriana look to the right.  It is the store that has steps up to the doors.  They sell motorcycles in the front, appliances in the back.

But our dentist who is Mexican says Mabe is excellent, bought his at walmart and no problems.  Has had it for 3 years.

I think the store that you refered to is Muebles America, on the east side of Madero in Chapala, with steps and display windows on both sides.

AV. FRANCISCO I MADERO 443
C.P. 45900
CHAPALA, JALISCO, MÉXICO
TEL: 1404-8036

2 hours ago, sputnik said:

We need one too.  Wanted Whirlpool...cheapest place so far is in Chapala.  $6,199.00 at the store as you are driving toward Soriana look to the right.  It is the store that has steps up to the doors.  They sell motorcycles in the front, appliances in the back.

But our dentist who is Mexican says Mabe is excellent, bought his at walmart and no problems.  Has had it for 3 years. 

I am surprised this is the cheapest place, maybe for that model Whirlpool. "THESE STORES" like  Coppel etc mainly sell items on "time" and products are marked up accordingly 

22 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

"THESE STORES" like  Coppel etc mainly sell items on "time" and products are marked up accordingly 

And their cash or credit card prices do not reflect the usurious rates they charge for house financing. Gosh, just like NOB places.

17 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I am surprised this is the cheapest place, maybe for that model Whirlpool. "THESE STORES" like  Coppel etc mainly sell items on "time" and products are marked up accordingly 

yes i was surprised too with these stores.  BUT we needed a all in one computer, you know without the tower and they had an incredible sale if you bought it outright, no payments and it was $290 US !!  Normally $650US !!  

21 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

I think the store that you refered to is Muebles America, on the east side of Madero in Chapala, with steps and display windows on both sides.

AV. FRANCISCO I MADERO 443
C.P. 45900
CHAPALA, JALISCO, MÉXICO
TEL: 1404-8036

RV Gringo yes you are good !!!!  You know this place like the back of your hand.  I was just there today passed by and told myself to remember the name,,,,je je

21 hours ago, Canada-Mike said:

Just be sure to get a front loader. It's much easier on your clothing, and uses less water and soap.

Not everyone can afford a front loader, and they must have a well-balanced place to be set up.  Agree they're great..... but if you control the water levels, top loaders are good value for the price.  And  taking the time to manage soap levels carefully means less product used, and cleaners clothes after rinse cycle.

14 hours ago, HarryB said:

buy mechanical models, not electronic. The electricity grid shreds electronics.

Not only that, my experience shows that you really need top-notch water pressure with an electronic washer, because with low pressure, the electronics cannot properly sense the loads or the time.

11 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Not only that, my experience shows that you really need top-notch water pressure with an electronic washer, because with low pressure, the electronics cannot properly sense the loads or the time.

Might depend on the brand or model. My water is gravity fed from the rooftop tinako and my Samsung electronic machine works fine. The motherboard did give up the ghost after 5 years, due to electric brown-outs and surges, but I found a new one (wasn't easy) and changed it myself and has been going strong for the last 2 years. I now have it on a voltage regulator, but just to be on the safe side, I unplug it between uses. I also have better gravity fed pressure than many, as the tinako is a 2500 liter and has about a 6 meter drop to the washer outlet.

Archived