Chapala.com Webboard

Check your Telmex bill

El Saltos

Just paid my Telmex bill a few minutes ago. Had the same $129 peso plus taxes on it again this month. Pointed it out to the very nice young lady at the counter and she took it off - with a smile. I asked her if lots of people came in and yelled at her. Another smile and a "Si". Took no extra time and no hassle whatsoever. And she certainly didn't have anything to do with that extra charge. Anyway, exactly the same cost as before and no more time or hassle.

Telmex got hacked. They did not intentionally add any extra charges or do anything underhanded. The folks at our local Telmex office would love to have this taken care of so folks wouldn't come in and yell at them. A smile and a friendly tone goes a long way - and lowers your blood pressure. Too each his own.

Telmex DID NOT get hacked.  They're collecting $ from everyone that doesn't notice and complain.  If they were really hacked they would have sent a message to every account holder telling of the hack and how to get it taken off their bill.  They told me "hackers" when I caught the bogus "insurance" charges.  Yesterday,, the rep told my wife the $129Peso charge from Tienda Telmex was "to fight hackers."  Believe what you will.

The people at the payment counter can take the charge off the bill, but it will keep coming back until you go to the people at the desks. Or at least this was the case several months ago when the "insurance" charges appeared.
And telmex wasn't hacked -- the charges are very much intentional.

Talking with the lady yesterday as she removed my phony charge once again she mentioned that only the Ajijic (766) was affected...not 765 Chapala or Jocotopec.    I totally believe them when they say they were hacked.  Look at the work this has created for the people who work of our local Telmex.

8 minutes ago, Floradude said:

Talking with the lady yesterday as she removed my phony charge once again she mentioned that only the Ajijic (766) was affected...not 765 Chapala or Jocotopec.    I totally believe them when they say they were hacked.  Look at the work this has created for the people who work of our local Telmex.

I live in Chapala with a 765 number. I got the phony charge on this month’s bill.

Evidently they were hacked.  My bill is paid thru my bank and the charge has been reversed when Telmex checked my balance yesterday.  It seems that the customers affected are random and the hackers are transferring the $150 pesos credit to Telcel phones and charging it back to someone's Telemex land line bill.  This problem is certainly creating lots of extra work for the Telmex desk reps.

I don't believe that for a minute!  Telmex (Ajijic office) has owned up to a) the "Insurance" charges. "We thought you'd want the insurance."  and b the "Tienda Telmex, "It's and easy way for you to build a credit balance for when you want to buy something." 

Since the first bogus charges appeared we've been told everything from "Telmex was hacked" to we're adding this charge to help prevent hacking!"

These bogus charges have been apprearing on phone bills for MANY MONTHS.  You're implying that Telmex is so inept with technology that they haven't yet solved the problem.  I don't think so.

Agree with El Saltos. TelMex has a warehouse full of excuses these days. Top that off with "can't install a phone line", "no room left for accounts", "can't swap a modem", "installation fee of $1,100",  "no faster service in your area", and a series of outages recently all around lakeside... just makes you wonder if they are trying to relive their glory days.

Archived