Chapala.com Webboard

Chedraui

luvsdawgs

32 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

Not funny to me [a snotty comment]! :angry:

32 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

Not funny to me [a snotty comment]! :angry:

Oh please!!  Lighten up and don't take yourself so seriously. :lol::lol:

Well, just to stir the pot, I was wrong about the Soriana involvement. Some new unknown chain with "Fresca" in the title....I don't care, just leave me out of the limp produce bin, and keep bringin' the stuff we can't get here. Where is cornmeal in the land of maiz? Where are the grits to pair with the lovely white shrimp?

And by the way, BRING BACK BELUSHI!!!!!!.

13 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Oh please!!  Lighten up and don't take yourself so seriously. :lol::lol:

When you and the other wilted lettuce patrol enter supermarkets and get past the produce section then report back to us what you found there. :P

Just now, AlanMexicali said:

When you and the other wilted lettuce patrol enter supermarkets and get past the produce section then report back to us what you found there. :P

Roger Wilco.

12 hours ago, camillenparadise said:

Well, just to stir the pot, I was wrong about the Soriana involvement. Some new unknown chain with "Fresca" in the title....I don't care, just leave me out of the limp produce bin, and keep bringin' the stuff we can't get here. Where is cornmeal in the land of maiz? Where are the grits to pair with the lovely white shrimp?

And by the way, BRING BACK BELUSHI!!!!!!.

Well this is what tomgates had to say so perhaps we will be getting a breath of "fresh air".

"

"I like the Freska (sp?) grocery store a couple blocks south of the Lopez Mateo Costco, on the opposite side of LM. The have Pillsbury canned biscuits."

Alanmexicali wants us to report back once we have gotten past the produce section, LOL.:lol:

•  

Just an FYI on Chedraui, anytime I have been in the Zapopan store it has been immaculate and the staff very friendly. I have bought items which are higher quality than what Walmart or Sorriana has to offer. I would like it if it were closer. Oh, and the produce was very fresh. I also believe the manager makes or breaks it, as if he/she is not concerned with cleanliness, the availability of product and the freshness of the meat, produce, bakery. etc the store will have very few customers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 8:58 AM, pappysmarket said:

"I like the Freska (sp?) grocery store a couple blocks south of the Lopez Mateo Costco, on the opposite side of LM. The have Pillsbury canned biscuits."

I have been jonesing for biscuits for six months, the time since my last trip NOB. Not the Bisquick kind served here, but the Pillsbury canned ones referred to. Got into the car and drove there to find the best grocery store I have ever been to in Mexico. The produce was like extremely fresh and neat. Meat and deli departments top notch. The fish in their area all had eyes that say they were in the sea the day before. There were many imported products available, but no Miracle Whip or grape jelly. I got my biscuits and breakfast the next day made me happy I imported grape jam.

I recommend the Fresko store to any wishing an hour drive and the privilege to pay to park. The store is located here:

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/search/fresko+-+La+Comer,+Quintanar+de+la+Rioja,+La+Rioja,+Los+Gavilanes,+Jal./@20.5699428,-103.4581814,17.58z?hl=es

There is Chedraui and then there is Chedraui Selecto.  My experience has been that the Chedraui Selecto is a much better store than the regular Chedraui and also better than Mega.

Wow! Sure wish I had that option! Maybe this Fresca will improve the rather sorry lot here.....I was SURE that the Bucerias Chedraui would focus on the snowbird community, what with the other Chedraui just down the road obviously aiming at puro Mexicano customers, but I was wrong. 

Another and unrelated question...Know a source in Mexico for sodium alginate and calcium lactate gluconate? I am just dying to try reverse spherification!  Sr. Google will inform those who don't know, but I'm sure Cristina knows.....

Archived