Chapala.com Webboard

FM question flying from Guadalajara through Monterrey

sm1mex

Can you get stamped out in Guadalajara when flying through Monterrey to U.S?  One time they made us get re-stamped out in Monterrey and I had relatives who flew through Monterrey to U.S. and they did not have to get stamped out in Monterrey.

Also we are flying an Embraer 190, 2 seats on each side.  How is the over head bin space?

Don’t know about Monterrey, but.....  I will be flying out through Cabo then NOB tomorrow from Guadalajara. The flight was booked as ‘one flight w/separate airlines’. I noticed however that I will have to ‘collect’ my checked baggage at the Cabo airport and slept it over/recheck it to NOB. I’ll pay attention to what is required/allowed with respect to visas. 

2 hours ago, sm1mex said:
2 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Also we are flying an Embraer 190, 2 seats on each side.  How is the over head bin space?

Not as large as on a 737 but there is some.

8 minutes ago, RickS said:

Don’t know about Monterrey, but.....  I will be flying out through Cabo then NOB tomorrow from Guadalajara. The flight was booked as ‘one flight w/separate airlines’. I noticed however that I will have to ‘collect’ my checked baggage at the Cabo airport and slept it over/recheck it to NOB. I’ll pay attention to what is required/allowed with respect to visas. 

Curious, nosy so feel free to ignore. What destination NOB works well from Cabo?

Gracias

Pappy

In know the Embraer aircraft well.  It is fairly comfortable (2x2) and has better head room and overhead bin space than the CRJ (Bombardier) which is its direct competitor but is still a pretty tight squeeze.  Do not expect to store your rolling bag up top unless it is once of the smaller, slimmers models.  Airlines often pressure you to gate check anything other than knapsacks and purses.  Pack light!

45 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Curious, nosy so feel free to ignore. What destination NOB works well from Cabo?

Gracias

Pappy

Mine is Denver.....  Frontier Airlines.  But/and they fly out of PV to Denver too.  

Rick

39 minutes ago, RickS said:

Mine is Denver.....  Frontier Airlines.  But/and they fly out of PV to Denver too.  

Rick

Ah, OK. Didn't realize they also flew to Cabo.

Have a good flight!

Also confirming that you can do your immigration / FMM procedure here in GDL, even if your first leg is domestic within Mexico. We did it a year and a half ago when flying to Ft Lauderdale through MEX (Mexico City) and some friends just did it a couple of weeks ago when flying to Orlando via MEX.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that you might not get the INM agent at GDL who decides differently.... ?

Archived