Chapala.com Webboard

Enhanced Menu @ La Mision

On 11/16/2017 at 8:48 AM, gringal said:

Thanks for your reply.  I just looked up "Cuban Lobster Tail" and read the reviews.  (Never had the dish at #4, so can't compare.)  It seems to be very different from the lobsters served in U.S. restaurants. In the pictures,  it looks much smaller, compared to the other items on the plate. 

Most served in the US are the real Maine or New Brunswick lobsters with big claws.  The Rock lobsters are a different species, w/o claws.  Both are yummy!

We went to La Mision last evening.  I love the space and the decor!  While the food was good, we had Oysters Rockefeller, Spagetti, Risotto, and Duck Confit, the service left something to be desired.  Every question we asked required our waiter to say, "I'll have to check.  It took a long time, 15-20 minutes to get our drinks, 55 minutes to get our Oysters Rockefeller.  Our main courses followed very quickly on the heels of the appetizer.  Having dined there before and had excellent service and prompt delivery of drinks, appetizers, etc. we were disappointed.  We'll return but not accept this waiter.

28 minutes ago, El Saltos said:

We went to La Mision last evening.  I love the space and the decor!  While the food was good, we had Oysters Rockefeller, Spagetti, Risotto, and Duck Confit, the service left something to be desired.  Every question we asked required our waiter to say, "I'll have to check.  It took a long time, 15-20 minutes to get our drinks, 55 minutes to get our Oysters Rockefeller.  Our main courses followed very quickly on the heels of the appetizer.  Having dined there before and had excellent service and prompt delivery of drinks, appetizers, etc. we were disappointed.  We'll return but not accept this waiter.

Thank you for the review.  It's frustrating to wait up to an hour to be served when you arrive, hungry or not.  Was there a munchie such as bread or chips on the table?   Was a large crowd the reason for the delay in getting drinks? 

How was the food?

Thank you so much for your patronage and obviously your patience. We will be checking everything in your post and assure you that we appreciate your comments as that helps us so much. We also look forward to your next visit where we can personally thank you and show you our appreciation.

28 minutes ago, gringal said:

Thank you for the review.  It's frustrating to wait up to an hour to be served when you arrive, hungry or not.  Was there a munchie such as bread or chips on the table?   Was a large crowd the reason for the delay in getting drinks? 

How was the food?

The food was good.  We've always had good food there. We especially enjoy their Eggs Benedict for a Sunday breakfast.  There was bread on the table which went quickly.  There was no large crowd.  Everything just seemed to go in slow motion.  Had a difficult time getting Cinzano for a cocktail.  It's on their menu.  Waiter said, "I don't think we have that, let me check."  He finally returned with something that was difinitely NOT Cinzano.  I walked to the bar to point out the bottle.  BTW, no Martini menu.  We wanted Cosmopolitans however no on the drinks menu.  Waiter asked, "What's in a Cosmopolitan."  We told him and he replied, "We don't have cranberry juice."  The only time he didn't have to go ask someone!

Archived