Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican investments questions

gdl80

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not invest in the USA? There are many splendid investment vehicles...i.e. Enron--a utility with good government ties...I mean, a utility--what could go wrong? Or in a fund that pays out healthy dividends? I hear there´s one in New York..the Bernie Madoff fund. Or an old established investment fund, like Lehman Bros.  Or an honest, frontier founded bank like Wells Fargo? And by investing in the USA you´ll help make America great again.....(edited by Mod to remove political content)

On 11/26/2017 at 3:21 PM, miendo said:

So how do you invest in the Caymans

I work as an intake officer for a Tier 1 Trade Platform in Hong Kong that buys bank paper (via HSBC-HK and Standard Chartered-HK) typically MTN's (Medium Term Notes) {mostly 10-yr-notes} at @ 20% off of face value from the cutting house {Fresh cuts} and resell to pension funds and hedge funds as "Slightly Seasoned" at 30% or more and I piggy-back on their trades... as all Top 10 (and Top 50 banks) are represented in Grand Cayman.

I use a Cook Island LLC in my business name, which is illegal for the  Cook Island government to disclose the name of the owner and as Managing Member, have that LLC own a Panama Foundation, which does the trading... but only disclose the name of the Cook Island LLC.

This methodology is by no means to avoid taxes. Quite the contrary. It costs me more to invest this way than as an individual. The benefit is more of a security issue for me... and nobody other than the government knows my personal and professional financial business.

Tier 1 is $500M Euros minimum to trade -- sometimes more, as we discount instruments 15%, i.e., a BG (Bank Guarantee) or an SBLC (Stand By Letter of Credit) for $500M is insufficient to let us activate our credit lines to purchase the bank paper. We have to block at least $500M non-discounted cash/instruments  via MT 799/MT 799/MT 760 protocol. Basically, a non-depletion protocol.

I get lucky tagging on to the trade, but is not open to the general public as its specific purpose via the G-20 is to create humanitarian and economic development funds with huge tax benefits for the investors.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:57 PM, geeser said:

The Economy in Mexico is Booming! You should look into the Mexican Federal Treasury Certificates (CETES). They can be bought at many banks or investment houses. I owned some  over 40 years ago that paid really big interest. They are issued in 28 day and 91 day notes. They have been paying 7% for since July of last year. I think you'd be ok with them. You'll have to ask about denominations.  Info Here

Thanks. Yes, I have seen the changes since I first went to Mexico in 2005. Guadalajara has changed quite a bit, LOTS more restaurants, bars, businesses, plazas, building apartments,  new train line, infrastructure... Good to see that its on the up. Mexico should have a bright future in the right hands.....

On 11/29/2017 at 8:53 PM, Aquaponicsman said:

I work as an intake officer for a Tier 1 Trade Platform in Hong Kong that buys bank paper (via HSBC-HK and Standard Chartered-HK) typically MTN's (Medium Term Notes) {mostly 10-yr-notes} at @ 20% off of face value from the cutting house {Fresh cuts} and resell to pension funds and hedge funds as "Slightly Seasoned" at 30% or more and I piggy-back on their trades... as all Top 10 (and Top 50 banks) are represented in Grand Cayman.

I use a Cook Island LLC in my business name, which is illegal for the  Cook Island government to disclose the name of the owner and as Managing Member, have that LLC own a Panama Foundation, which does the trading... but only disclose the name of the Cook Island LLC.

This methodology is by no means to avoid taxes. Quite the contrary. It costs me more to invest this way than as an individual. The benefit is more of a security issue for me... and nobody other than the government knows my personal and professional financial business.

Tier 1 is $500M Euros minimum to trade -- sometimes more, as we discount instruments 15%, i.e., a BG (Bank Guarantee) or an SBLC (Stand By Letter of Credit) for $500M is insufficient to let us activate our credit lines to purchase the bank paper. We have to block at least $500M non-discounted cash/instruments  via MT 799/MT 799/MT 760 protocol. Basically, a non-depletion protocol.

I get lucky tagging on to the trade, but is not open to the general public as its specific purpose via the G-20 is to create humanitarian and economic development funds with huge tax benefits for the investors.

I tried google translate but that didn't help me.

Thanks for the effort though.

Archived