Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Carlos Garcia Discusses New Hospital

5 hours ago, Bookworm said:

Just wondering .................. Is michael 2595 a troll for LAKE CHAPALA Reporter and it's infamous editor Lisa Jorgenson? 

Of course I am. How did you find out. As a matter of fact I am Lisa Troll  Jorgensen. Troll was my last name before I married Shmo Jorgensen

3 hours ago, tomgates said:

Copy and paste the whole article Michael2595 or whoever you are.

I am new to this area and all I can say is that I have been given a wonderful welcome by this board and I am pretty much surprised.. Looks like its real hard to fit in to the group.. I tried to post 2 links on this hospital issue for the good of the board and this is the response I get?  I don't have a clue as to what this paper represents or who  this woman is.  Copy and paste after being called a troll?

3 hours ago, Zeb said:

Well, it looks like you cannot read any of that as you have to pay for a membership, so I don't really see the benefit of posting this link unless it is to sell subscriptions.

I got right through the link and others did on the other post on the other Hernandez proposed hospital. For you there are no benefits at all. 

I don't understand the comment "for you there are no benefits for you at all".  I clicked on the link and the article does not appear.  I see that you must pay to subscribe to read it and from others' comments, they have the same experience.  Perhaps Michael 1595 would like to cut and past the article so all can read it.

17 minutes ago, michael2595 said:

I am new to this area and all I can say is that I have been given a wonderful welcome buy this board. Looks like its real hard to fit in. I tried to post 2 links on this hospital issue for the good of the board and this ids the response I get? 

Newcomers are welcome.  It is a matter of wording on their part.  I apologize on their behalf for the terse reply.

Some on this board are not very diplomatic.  I have had this experience as well from time to time.  The issue seems to be that the article is not accessible without paying and some are aggravated because they suspect some other motive.  I don't assume that.  On my end, I am just letting you know that it cannot be read without having to pay for a subscription.  Most of us are familiar with the publication and we certainly are interested in the article, however, don't want to have to subscribe just to read that particular one.

2 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Newcomers are welcome.  It is a matter of wording on their part.  Some on this board are not very diplomatic.  I have had this experience as well from time to time.  The issue seems to be that the article is not accessible without paying and some are aggravated because they suspect some other motive.  I don't assume that.  On my end, I am just letting you know that it cannot be read without having to pay for a subscription.  Most of us are familiar with the publication and we certainly are interested in the article, however, don't want to have to subscribe just to read that particular one.

The previous article  I posted on the other hospital apparently people read and I wasn't attacked, and I was sent this article. I don't even know anything about this woman or the newspaper nor do I have to stick up for myself.

1 minute ago, michael2595 said:

The previous article  I posted on the other hospital apparently people read and I wasn't attacked, and I was sent this article. I don't even know anything about this woman or the newspaper nor do I have to stick up for myself.

Sorry, but I don't know about a previous article you posted.  What other hospital?  I agree no one should be attacked.

2 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Sorry, but I don't know about a previous article you posted.  What other hospital?  I agree no one should be attacked.

My last post was about the  new hernandez hospital. YOu can read it Click on my  name and you can see the post. As I stated I am new to this area . I sure hope not everyone is  as welcoming as some members of this group. I am extremely upset. 

9 minutes ago, michael2595 said:

I am not subscribed and how were they able to read the other article from this paper on my last post? Its a subscription apparently and I will not post something that copywritten nor affect this person's income. I Listened very well. Perhaps You should listen to someone who is new here and instead of people calling me a troll treta me with some amount of decency or maybe I should talk about which Costco is better than the other. 

I do agree that the name calling stinks.  Okay, so I understand about not wanting to post a copy written article.

I.CAN'T.READ.IT.BECAUSE.I.AM.NOT.A.SUBSCRIBER.

If you can read it you must be a subscriber. This is not rocket science. I would like to read it but will not subscribe to something JUST to read one article. And, it really annoys most people on forums when a link is posted that cannot be used easily.

1 minute ago, michael2595 said:

My last post was about the  new hernandez hospital. YOu can read it Click on my  name and you can see the post. As I stated I am new to this area . I sure hope not everyone is  as welcoming as some members of this group. I am extremely upset. 

So sorry for your bad experience.  Some of us really are nice people.  I have had similar experiences.

1 hour ago, michael2595 said:

Hi Michael.just for information I just checked on the previous article you mentioned and can't read that without subscription neither.

Both would be interesting to read but as the others say I'm not going to pay just to read that.but thanks for trying.

(NOTE:  This is how the point can be made without a bunch of gratuitous rudeness.  MODERATOR)

Really folks!  This name calling and attaching a Newbie without knowing anything about this person is unkind.  What a terrible impression it makes for a new person.

It is hard for me to believe people would do this in person.  If you don't like their post, just ignore it.  It's fine to disagree with the content, but not attack the person.  Just my opinion. 

OK enough unpleasantness.  Michael, it does not work to post a link to a pay site non subscribers can't read.  I checked your link and I could not read it either.  It's always a good idea to test a link before posting.

That applies to the GDL Reporter as well which is also a pay site.  If you want to pass along this kind of information, just summarize the piece and tell people where they can read the original if they want to pay for it. 

Cutting and pasting it is copyright infringement so please don't do that.

Some of you really need to take a look at how you communicate here.  Accusing someone of being an imposter for just citing something from a site or person you have personal rancor for is out of bounds here.  Please do not use this board to carry on your personal vendettas against people who don't happen to agree with your views. 

Try asking yourself before you post if you would say the same thing to a person's face you are writing.  If not, don't post it!

Thread edited and Closed.

Archived