Chapala.com Webboard

Foot Doctors? Two or Three To Recommend?

southland

This really depends on your problem.  Mexico doesn't have podiatrists that compare to the specialty in the States.  If you have a foot problem that involves bones, ligaments, etc. you need an orthopedic doctor.  If you want a good pedicure minus the polish then the doctor recommended above is very good.  Also, Dr. George's facility in Ajijic.  Just don't let anyone talk you into going to Guadalajara to see Dr. George for a serious foot problem.  I unfortunately went that route and it took me 2 years to be completely pain free as a result.  I still can't wear closed toe shoes and probably never will be able to.

On the corner of Hidalgo and the little side street with no cars allowed, just past Spencer's place, right on the corner. 226B/C. They have done a number of things on my toes, no surgery or anything, but he and his wife seem to know their stuff. https://www.google.com/search?q=podologo chapala&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&num=100&newwindow=1&safe=off&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=20289909,-103193914,1&tbm=lcl&rldimm=5574161420495963760&ved=0ahUKEwjO3-KZmIfXAhVEqlQKHXVlAaAQvS4INDAB&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

On the corner of Hidalgo and the little side street with no cars allowed, just past Spencer's place, right on the corner. 226B/C. They have done a number of things on my toes, no surgery or anything, but he and his wife seem to know their stuff. https://www.google.com/search?q=podologo chapala&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&num=100&newwindow=1&safe=off&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=20289909,-103193914,1&tbm=lcl&rldimm=5574161420495963760&ved=0ahUKEwjO3-KZmIfXAhVEqlQKHXVlAaAQvS4INDAB&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2

They are technicians not doctors.There are no podiatrists here so an orthopedic surgeon is the OP's best bet as somebody else has mentioned

O.K., give up. He is already very busy, but he is an excellent foot doctor, who makes housecalls from his clinic in Guadalajara on Mondays. He charges 250 pesos per visit, but may soon be raising his price because of transportation costs. He is a Graduate of Guadajara Medical school, a real doctor, he decided to specialize in foot problems and took out his D.P.M. We call him Dr. Daniel, he is a wonderful caregiver, and has a personality which lights up a room. His cell is the way to reach him (as most younger professionals these days). 33 1197 9322. He is qualified for serious foot problems as well.

1 hour ago, ned small said:

They are technicians not doctors.There are no podiatrists here so an orthopedic surgeon is the OP's best bet as somebody else has mentioned

Did not say they were doctors. Said they know their stuff. The OP might get good advice on what to do next, if nothing else.

Archived