Chapala.com Webboard

Sunbrella

I don't live Lakeside, so can't tell you where to get it there, sorry. There are 2 distributors in Guad.- Tunalitec, who I deal with, and Orli. But I think they will only sell to businesses with a tax number, not individuals.

Very important to make sure it is real Sunbrella, not something they sell as Sunbrella here (some call it Mexican Sunbrella, which is actually illegal- it is a patented name and process). The fake stuff has a bit of a shiny look to it, don't know how else to describe it, but I can tell the dif immediately. The fake stuff fades, molds, etc. which is exactly what real Sunbrella doesn't do.

BTW, Sunbrella can be easily washed in the machine on cool setting, but NEVER put it in the dryer. Heat destroys the properties we buy it for.

Several years ago, I walked into Orli and bought fabric as a retail customer, then had Oscar in Chapala make the cushions for some furniture. It was kind of a large order (sofa, loveseat, two large chairs plus pillows). They definitely, even then, were geared more for the trade, and now they're in a different location, so don't know if you could do it now.

http://www.orli.com

I walked in and walked out with the fabric the same day. That also eliminated any "I'm still waiting for the fabric" delays from Oscar. :lol:

Archived