Chapala.com Webboard

New Ajijic Hospital’s Vision: Premier Lakeside Medical Facility

A new 30,000 square meter hospital in Ajijic was exclusively announced today to the Lake Chapala Reporter. The facility stands to raise the bar significantly for medical care in this area, providing the same quality of services and staff as that of Guadalajara.

The facility will be called the RIBERA MEDICAL CENTER, modeled after the Vallarta Medical Center in Puerto Vallarta, and will be built and administered by the same people, including:

The hospital will be built in Ajijic on the west side of the Libramiento across from the El Dorado condominium complex, and it will be a private facility. That means that services will not be covered by IMSS or Seguro Popular insurance plans, except in the event of overflow from their own facilities, or if special accords are negotiated. Private health insurances plans, however, will cover the new facility’s services, just as they do for other private hospitals in Guadalajara.

The announcement was made today by local doctor Santiago Hernandez of ChapalaMed, who has been named the hospital’s medical director. He plans to split his new role with his existing family medical practice in Plaza Interlago in San Antonio Tlayacapan.

https://lakechapalareporter.com/new-ajijic-hospitals-vision-premier-lakeside-medical-facility/

I really don't know how this and the other one being built in Ribera's/ San antonio can be justified at the moment. maybe they are aware of much bigger population plans for here.

Just hope they improve the infrastructure to accommodate first and not waste money on bike lanes etc !

Why is the bike lane through ajijic on one side and after farmacia Guadalajara on the other?

No one will cross over.will make the inside lane heading east even more crazy. Nuts!

47 minutes ago, michael2595 said:

A new 30,000 square meter hospital...

That number has been reported before and it is wrong. 30,000 square meters equals 322,917 square feet. Do you believe that? I sure don't

Conversion: https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/area/?u=m2&v=30%2C000

PS, the area quoted also equals 7.4 acres of space. Again, doubtful.

33 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

That number has been reported before and it is wrong. 30,000 square meters equals 322,917 square feet. Do you believe that? I sure don't

Conversion: https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/area/?u=m2&v=30%2C000

PS, the area quoted also equals 7.4 acres of space. Again, doubtful.

for a 29 bed hospital it sure sounds like a lot but the area where it will be has lots of raw land to amply fill it. Article stated to be completed by next year was suspicious to me.

4 minutes ago, Ellie said:

DO note that this is not reported thru the Guadalajara Reporter but the same source who previously reported the supposed HUGH resort/sports, etc complex in Chapala across from the Hotel Monte Carlo.

That lake city project was not only a scam but not even feasible for so many reasons.

At least this project has credibility and a director who is a local G P.

So a new El Dorado across from the old El Dorado -converting those gringo dollars into Mexican gold. For those paying attention, this will not be a Tier2 hospital, there will be no advanced anathestesia. Looks like no cat scans or CRT's either. Just another boutique hospital, just like a dozen in Guadalajara, except this is closer to home. If you get real sick ,or they screw up, you will end up in a tier 2 hospital in Guadalajara anyways. If you make it in time.

14 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

So a new El Dorado across from the old El Dorado -converting those gringo dollars into Mexican gold. For those paying attention, this will not be a Tier2 hospital, there will be no advanced anathestesia. Looks like no cat scans or CRT's either. Just another boutique hospital, just like a dozen in Guadalajara, except this is closer to home. If you get real sick ,or they screw up, you will end up in a tier 2 hospital in Guadalajara anyways. If you make it in time.

Will the other hospital have cat scans etc ?

Considering the additional traffic at an already horrific stretch of road and intersection, I figured they thought they could fill at least a few beds with traffic accident victims. A boutique hospital is designed more for elective surgery like face lifts rather than really sick people. For that it will probably be fine.

2 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

I really don't know how this and the other one being built in Ribera's/ San antonio can be justified at the moment. maybe they are aware of much bigger population plans for here.

Just hope they improve the infrastructure to accommodate first and not waste money on bike lanes etc !

Why is the bike lane through ajijic on one side and after farmacia Guadalajara on the other?

No one will cross over.will make the inside lane heading east even more crazy. Nuts!

I was told that the bike path will be on the north side of the carreta all the way along. That it would not cross over.

CAT scan and MRI machines are major budget items and I'm pretty sure they will not be installed 

It's amazing how we are going to be  blessed with  not  one but two facilities. 

I guess with the growth of the private insurance coverage business there is a niche market potential at Lakeside..but 2 hospitals , very questionable 

Most of the check-ups and dental work I've ever had have been at facilities serving a large population with special, highly developed programs for international visitors, i.e., medical tourists.    In Bangkok, Bumrungrad Hospital is perhaps the most famous in the world built on this model, serving Gulf and Ozzie patients in great numbers and specialized to their needs (in the later case, a rubber mallet...)  A check-up there is like being run thru a white padded assembly line built into a four star hotel, and it works wonderfully, though prices have crept up even as the baht has declined (it's American run, but still much cheaper than the absurd US).  In contrast, the medical check-up facility at CIMA Hospital in Escazu, Costa Rica, was in a nice little hospital and conducted by a series of fine professionals, but I was the only patient that morning.  My point is, size matters (though Bumrungrad is rumored to have got it's start offering, er, 'extreme size reduction' surgery decades ago).  Unless medical and/or dental facilities lakeside offer high-value services at sufficient volume, i.e., successful medical tourism,  someone is going to end up paying for any improvement in facilities, though demographic trends should help.

2 hours ago, camillenparadise said:

Sure hope the food is better than the Vallarta Medical Center!!!

When I start noticing how bad the food is in a hospital I know I should have discharged myself the day before.

The San Antonio guys have tried their own hospital for years. I would bet on the fellows who have done it successfully someplace else. Even if it is primarily an elective procedure facility the recent growth spirt shows it is probably a timely endeavor. Now for a real ambulance.

7 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

When I start noticing how bad the food is in a hospital I know I should have discharged myself the day before.

Years ago, when my ex boyfriend was in hospital with a head injury, he was doped up on pain killers and hadn't done much but groan for the few days after surgery. So we really couldn't tell at that point whether he had sustained any serious damage to his brain.

The guy in the ward who had the bed across from him was complaining that evening to the nurse how he didn't get enough dinner, he was still hungry. The first complete sentence my boyfriend spoke after his accident was a loud and clear "You can have mine". That's when we knew he was going to be okay.

17 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

If you go into ajijic all the new works are on the south side.

Maybe someone screwed up and they will have to start again..

At the meeting awhile back that is what they said they would do. First they would fix up the road surface on the south side of the carretera so it will be a proper road. Then they will start work on the north side where the sidewalk and bike path will be.

Archived