Chapala.com Webboard

Phone/Internet problems

ibarra

We keep loosing phone service service several times during the day. No dial tone. When it happens, we can call our number from our cell phones and re-establish a dial tone. However, internet is knocked out for about 4 seconds and, we have horrible static in the line. If we receive a call, same thing happens, no Internet. We have put new filters on all phones and have had the box changed on the roof. Telmex says it is our problem. I really don't think so. Now what?

Your problem is EXACTLY what was happening to me for seven months. And, like you, I was also calling my landline with my cellphone to reconnect both the landline and the internet. imho, you DO have a loose connection which is causing you to lose connectivity. You will wait a month of Sundays and then some for Telmex to even make an effort. Hombres MUY flojo!

My problem was solved by Jose Luis Gonzalez, who found the corroded connection and fixed it and it took a half an hour... 300 pesos. The corroded connection was around the corner from my house on another street and up at the top of a pole. His cell phone number is 331-326-4662

It IS a Telmex problem but they're just too lazy to climb up a ladder and check the connections... or it's beneath them or they just don't give a damn. Don't bother waiting for them to do the right thing. Even if you took a picture of the problem, they'd probably just shrug their shoulders.

43 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Go to their office and speak directly with a service rep.

:lol:Can't... speak... gasping for air from laughing... dust on my jeans from rolling on the floor... :lol:

Ferret gave the perfect answer. I was at the house many times during the "call my own phone" period, and it actually did take someone with talent and energy to check out the problem and fix it, quickly.

The big corporations here, the ones back home we refer to as "essential services", seem to make their money by being a monopoly and not spending a cent on customer service.

30 minutes ago, Ferret said:

If you couldn't care less then don't bother joining the conversation. You add nothing to resolving the problem so STFU.

57 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Go to their office and speak directly with a service rep.

I was posting to the OP, not the forum's perpetual victim. ESAD

25 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You really love it here, don't you, MacNebbish? Nothing but vitriol, judgment, and anger. Sweet. (By the way, mods, if you look up "ESAD", you'll find that MacNothing is using some pretty fowl insults...)

STFU is polite, eh?

ESAD eat sugar another day. Its for the sweet ones.

34 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

STFU is polite, eh?

Angus Mactavish, I hope this is polite enough for you.  If you have nothing beneficial to say, please be quiet.  Some of us actually want to find out real answers.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

STFU is polite, eh?

Yeah, but I like Ferret. Your comments, on the other hand, are so full of (expletive deleted), I enjoy nailing your a** to the wall.

Archived