Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
ccw

Toilet paper flushing

Recommended Posts

Just now, Tiny said:

Maybe there should be a deposit on it like soda bottles up north. 

Shall we call for volunteers to handle the returns?  :D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

We use the Kirkland brand from Costco which is safe for septic systems.  I tested a square in water to see what it did and it fell apart very quickly.

Why not have bidets installed and use those (like the Europeans)? That will eliminate the problem of toilet paper jams and the necessity to discuss this issue at such length.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about soda bottles, do you, Lakeside, recycle? I do in the City but not a lot of people do it yet.

Edited by Tiny
Forget something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I take you back to the Middle East, some 57 years ago, to my home in a little seaside town near Izmir?  One of the bathrooms had a very traditional toilet: A one meter square of ceramic with a hole in the center and two raised foot-pads.  You squated and did your thing, then used the water faucet low on the wall to wash your hand.  In the other bathroom, we were fortunate to have a western style toilet; quite unusual, but it was a brand new house.  Such modern toilets were not common when you traveled or visited other homes, so it was wise to practice in the traditional toilet once in a while.

Any more complaints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is the solution in much of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

We use the Kirkland brand from Costco which is safe for septic systems.  I tested a square in water to see what it did and it fell apart very quickly.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tiny said:

Maybe there should be a deposit on it like soda bottles up north. 

Lol. Every sheet is already deposited...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

Why not have bidets installed and use those (like the Europeans)? That will eliminate the problem of toilet paper jams and the necessity to discuss this issue at such length.

Pretty sure you have to wipe yourself dry after using a bidet... with something, and I ain't never seen no hand-towels hanging beside a bidet. :P And what length are we discussing: two, or three sheets at a time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

May I take you back to the Middle East, some 57 years ago, to my home in a little seaside town near Izmir?  One of the bathrooms had a very traditional toilet: A one meter square of ceramic with a hole in the center and two raised foot-pads.  You squated and did your thing, then used the water faucet low on the wall to wash your hand.  In the other bathroom, we were fortunate to have a western style toilet; quite unusual, but it was a brand new house.  Such modern toilets were not common when you traveled or visited other homes, so it was wise to practice in the traditional toilet once in a while.

Any more complaints?

Yes. Welcome to now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

We use the Kirkland brand from Costco which is safe for septic systems.  I tested a square in water to see what it did and it fell apart very quickly.

Ah, but it is not the TP capabilities that are important here; it is the infrastructure. If you have seen dissolved toilet paper in a pipe, together with dish soap and cooking greases, you have seen that it meshes into huge globs of impenetrable stuff, because it doesn't dissolve; it merely breaks up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Lol. Every sheet is already deposited...

It hope it is deposited. hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The collective is almost there. 100 posts on TP Flushing is doable? We should all get together and apply some pressure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ode to the Septic Tank...

Though things that are flushed, are often hush hushed,

It's important that you should know

In the city, you're not, when you sit on the pot

Lest you block what is known as "the flow".

Foreign things at the junction, often cause a malfunction,

If the contents aren't bodily made.

And while you seek relief, you'll cause nothing but grief...

And the management's lengthy tirade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ferret said:

 

Lest you block what is known as "the flow".

Foreign things at the junction, often cause a malfunction,

 

A house I had years ago in the States had a tree root problem. Every 3 or so years the roots would work in the pipe connections, looking for water. It was a very healthy tree. The person who did the work said that pipes should be cleaned every 5 to 10 years to help avoid problems on your end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fly free bidets are out in Europe telephone style showers are in. I had a bidet in the house when I moved here and had it remove.  None of the new place in Europe have bidets any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am out, waaay out, in the jungle on the coast, and I have a French drain, so paper is a beeeg no=no. Only had to excavate the French drain in 20 years, and then only about 10 meters..Quite happy with the expense of the system vs the maintenance fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tiny said:

Now the question is "Will it get backed up?"

Izal have to think about that.

British humor and far too complicated to try and translate for our American cousins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×