Chapala.com Webboard

advice for TV service

Although there are no network channels, there are quite a few English Language Channels., You know CNN, CNNI, FOX, HLN,BBC, SPACE, A&E, and five or ten more where Choosing the secondary language option, it goes back to the original language, English on the digital channels

Trouble is, the last time I checked, they didn't have any receivers available for new clients.

Things have gone down hill since IZZI took over.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Telecable in Ajijic and Sky HD in Guayabitos. The programming is similar between the 2 but Sky has far more HD content. Sky's equipment is also much better actually supporting HDMI output. You can set up channels to be recorded on Sky using their app. They also have a channel guide available on your phone or tablet that can be filtered by the kind of programming you're looking for. Dish Mexico didn't seem to have near the channel selection as either Telecable or Sky.

I was incorrect saying you have to call Sky to subscribe for new TV service. The Sky office in Riberas just east of the Pemex set up the new account this weekend. One more trip to Telecable confirmed no one there has any idea what's happening with Telecable's digital service. The Internet has been less than stellar too with widely fluctuating speeds.

For streaming over 200 usa and u.k. live sports, news ,entertainment channels in standard and hd . Also has mexican channels.

pm me for full details. One day trial is available.yearly sub appx 100 usd.

monthly and six month options available.

Very quick to view just like normal tv.

Only 5mbs download needed.

I can help set it up on amazon fire and android boxes if needed.

Way over my head, feel like I am watching my lousy basic cable spanish channels reading this thread. 

SKY tv is this new??  Do they speak english at their office, costs, equipment needed.???

English channels??? 

All the other info is all greek to me..way too techie for us non techs to understand.  I am still lost,, tv is horrible, internet telecable wise is up and down, even telmex up and down..

Can't anyone just put into easy kindergarten language, how and what there is available>? costs and channels in english?/ 

Theater of the absurd.

I get Sky installed and bring the 2 (old) digital receivers to the Telecable office to cancel service. In order to cancel digital service I would have to bring my modem in, cancel the contract and set up a new one with Internet and basic cable. But if I do that I can only get 5mb service even though I currently have 10mb because 10mb is not available on new contracts. Catch-22.

In order to retain the 10mb service which hasn't been great lately, I'll have to pay for the receivers that will be sitting in a drawer until another Internet option surfaces. Telecable admits they're having Internet problems.

Theoretically the receivers should work in any house that has Telecable service. If anyone looking for a digital receiver wants to test the theory send me a PM. Maybe we can work something out.

Archived