Chapala.com Webboard

Uber drivers can cancel your ride

I recently used Uber to go to/from the airport - or tried to.  I ordered an Uber well in advance for pickup to the airport.  Wait time was 18 minutes.  It was longer.  I could see his car on my phone - he was about a block away.  He sat there and sat there and then canceled my trip.  I requested Uber again, got the same driver and he was here within a few minutes and drove very fast to the airport. 

When I returned, I requested Uber at the airport.  Wait time was about 8 minutes.  I was at the Oxxo.  I waited and waited - I could see the car on my phone - traffic was bad.  He cancelled my trip.  I got charged a cancellation fee.  No fee on the first cancellation to the airport.  Anyway, I reported to Uber that it was the driver that canceled and they refunded the fee and put a block on my account so that driver could never "pick me up" again. 

I really really like Uber.  Have used them in various places in various countries.  But this waiting for a ride and than having it canceled - especially to the airport, is a problem. 

I love Uber but will not use them out of the airport. I had one pick me up, pull over to the side of the road, and tell me he couldn't take me to Ajijic. I got out of the car and he got my suitcase out of the trunk and I had to WALK back to the airport to get a cab. To ad insult to injury, my card was charged and I had to go through Uber customer service for a refund. 

48 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

Is it possible to pre order or call a uber driver direct for early gdl trip?

They dont seem to be available before 8am looking at the app.

Open the Uber app on your phone.  Next to the space where you type your destination, there's a drawing of a car and a clock.  Click on that to program your trip for the time and place you want to be picked up, as well as your destination.

27 minutes ago, Robo said:

UBER- When I come down there 1st of Feb 2018. I was going to take UBER down to the lake? Best not to? Is there a bus or do we have to use a taxi

Give Uber a try. The worst that can happen is they will kick you out halfway to lakeside. Remember the old days when we then knew how to stick out our thumbs?

Heavens Robo if you’re used to uber elswhere use it at the Guadalajara airport.   Only problem you’re likely to encounter is the driver doesn’t speak english and/or you can’t find where to await the driver.  I have never had a problem and have used Uber out of airport many times and never waited more than 8 minutes.   I do not use it to GO to the airport at 4:30 in the morning

The same thing happened to me last Tuesday.  I'd had really good luck taking Uber from Chapala to the bus station in Talaquepaque the week before, as well as back to Chapala a few days later.  So I decided to try Uber *at* Lakeside.  After my haircut at Gloriosa Salon off the libramiento, I requested a ride back to Chapala on the Uber app.  After about 15 minutes of the driver hemming and hawing (I could see "my" car heading in the opposite direction, turning around, turning around again, stopping, etc.), the app said that the driver had canceled my trip.  Thanks a lot.  I suppose it wasn't worth his time at 50 pesos.

They have hired some VEY dumb drivers recently.  Last week we ordered Uber to take a client back to Ajijic from our office and the driver was by the plaza, 20 minutes later he still didnt show up, client took a regular cab back and then they charged me for cancelling which they refunded.  In Guadalajara there were 5 cars within 2 blocks but some guy 5 miles away accepted and then took 20 minutes then sent a message he was filling his tank with gas, WTF?  Why accept riders close by if you wont come right away.  Another guy smelled to high heavan and had a damaged cracked phone, beat up car and was playing banda music, it was like being in a regular taxi.  Then the next leg of my trip the guy had a nice shirt and nice car.  One clue right away is AC.  If you get in a car and the A/C isnt on then the driver will probably smell and doesnt get it, and is one of the new clueless monkeys. 

Also another complaint is that during many trips when I order it shows a price then upon arrival at destination it goes up a bit, never down.  This is a problem when we choose cash option and send our people with cash.  Always take photo of quotation screen. 

18 hours ago, Intercasa said:

They have hired some VEY dumb drivers recently.  Last week we ordered Uber to take a client back to Ajijic from our office and the driver was by the plaza, 20 minutes later he still didnt show up, client took a regular cab back and then they charged me for cancelling which they refunded.  In Guadalajara there were 5 cars within 2 blocks but some guy 5 miles away accepted and then took 20 minutes then sent a message he was filling his tank with gas, WTF?  Why accept riders close by if you wont come right away.  Another guy smelled to high heavan and had a damaged cracked phone, beat up car and was playing banda music, it was like being in a regular taxi.  Then the next leg of my trip the guy had a nice shirt and nice car.  One clue right away is AC.  If you get in a car and the A/C isnt on then the driver will probably smell and doesnt get it, and is one of the new clueless monkeys. 

Also another complaint is that during many trips when I order it shows a price then upon arrival at destination it goes up a bit, never down.  This is a problem when we choose cash option and send our people with cash.  Always take photo of quotation screen. 

This is very helpful information, Spencer.  Thank you.

I used Uber at the airport to Ajijic and the driver tried to charge my card double the fare for 1 hour 30 minutes instead of 45 minutes. Uber refunded me 200 pesos so the ride was only $11.00. Way less than a cab for $25. In town I used Uber 5 times with no problem including the ride back to airport for $170 pesos! Most rides around Lakeside were $3.00 or less. 

Archived