Chapala.com Webboard

Chair Glides....Where to Buy?

Bisbee Gal

JARA hardware, near Telmex, has them.  Probably other hardware stores also.  Ask for “Tapones para sillas“.  They had them in black or white when we bought ours. They were perfect on tile floors.

Prisa Paint has a large assortment of these kind of things including knobs, handles etc. Enter the paint section on the right and you will find on your left dozens of compartments full of everything that you can look at even without asking for help. Picture is good also.

Update: Walked to Prisa (closest hardware to me) and they had them, but not larger size I needed.  Walked to Jara and they had the exact ones I needed (chairs were missing a few).  PS: I did try the Ajijic "dollar store" but no dice there.  Nice walk and got what I wanted...another good day in paradise :D

Yes they are great on tile and also on a rougher stone floors.  

Gracias to all!

I imagine the Walmart stick-ons use really cheap sticky stuff. I've bought them at Home Depot and they stay stuck a long time.

And a low-tech solution that actually works really well- take a wine cork, slice in about 1 cm. or a little less thick sections, then use contact cement or other strong glue to attach to bottom of legs. I do this on furniture like tables and bookcases to make them slide easily as well.

Archived