Chapala.com Webboard

Desperate situation large dog

From a friend

Hope you can pass on this email re a pretty spectacular big male dog who is getting skinny since being left behind a few weeks ago in Riberas near Puritan Poultry. He has a beautiful brindle coat with white chest blaze and is relaxed and quite affectionate. Mostly great Dane with a bit of mastiff judging by his head. We'll try to get him food and water daily, but this would be a great dog for someone who appreciates a big pet and great security. We would take him in a heartbeat if we didn't already have an oversized male+2 females (full house).
  If anyone is interested, call Don or Ian at 766 4990 or email us iandavid81@gmail.com  or dfraserhouse@yahoo.com

IMG_0836.JPG

Fila and napolitano mastiffs have a lot in common. They are wonderful dogs but you should be firm with them and know about the breed. This dog is very mellow and just sits or sleep in front of Chicken Joe. They can be very protective  of their master or their house and move like lightening when they need too.. not for someone who a new dog lover.. They als do not last very long 8 to 10 years at the most. I have a full house ot I would have him in a second.

The ver Memo has a fila in front of his door too , talk to him about the breed or mastiff in general. He could be fila but the  ears are wrong..may be a fila and other type of mastiff mix, like a great dane 

One of my mastiffs was a cross of neapolitano and great dane and look very much like this dog except for the color.

Archived