Chapala.com Webboard

Immigration Travel Permission Letters

Sonia

Travel Permission Letters are for when a person wants to exit Mexico shortly after applying with a pre-approved visa from a consulate or a visa renewal and before visa is issued. For a pre-approved visa the timing of a travel letter is different vs a visa renewal. Website revised: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html 

PS to those hiding behind screen names from the Yucatan, my web site is copyrighted.

Sonia: Thanks for your always informative posts, I very much appreciate them. I am going to be moving from Lakeside to Cuernavaca soon and will need to sign up for either Seguro Popular or IMSS as I will be working with and around quake victims-some of them with communicable diseases. I am a relatively healthy 71 and have no idea which of the two plans would be best in that part of the country. I am currently uninsured. Any advice or direction to information would be helpful. Thanks again for your guidance.

4 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

There is no excuse to be uninsured when Seguro Popular is free.

For past 3 - 4 months all expats at least in GTO state pay simply by being a visa holder. Here all visa holders are at least a Decil 5 with a fee of 1050 to 1500 pesos per year depending on how one answers the questions. When one pays, coverage is for 1 year. The older one is the lower the fee. 

4 hours ago, IMBurnen said:

Sonia: Thanks for your always informative posts, I very much appreciate them. I am going to be moving from Lakeside to Cuernavaca soon and will need to sign up for either Seguro Popular or IMSS as I will be working with and around quake victims-some of them with communicable diseases. I am a relatively healthy 71 and have no idea which of the two plans would be best in that part of the country. I am currently uninsured. Any advice or direction to information would be helpful. Thanks again for your guidance.

You are welcome. In Cuernavaca there is a small FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/265989440440759/. On there seek out Beverly Wood. She is a friend and knows the area well. We love Cuernavaca, best weather and the city of eternal spring. We visit several times a year. 

Although deviated from original post ....... Seguro Popular is much lower in price. My web site which has 1000 views a day has a page of interest regarding healthcare. http://www.soniadiaz.mx/health-care.html

Friend's Seguro Popular Knee Surgery, Sept. 2017

Having never needed surgery, I was more than a little chicken to go for a knee replacement

I went for the needed first step, which was my appointment at the Seguro Popular clinic in La Lejona, San Miguel de Allende. Following that, my kind and very capable Dr.Castro set up a variety of health checks at the local Hospital General: blood work, X-Rays, cardio, etc. All was without charge. 

After results were in, the local trauma staff checked on my health status. This was followed up with seeing a doctor at HOSPITAL REGIONAL de ALTA ESPECIALIDADES in Leon, Guanajuato. I arrived with my Seguro Popular policy, the requested documents and previous test results. During this meeting the doctor reviewed my case while giving me all the possible information and advice.

Following that visit, I was given the fee amount for my surgery schedules for 10 days later. I deposited the 33,000 pesos fee ($1800 US / $2300 C). The date was confirmed. The surgeon would be Dr. Reyes.

I checked in Sunday at 3 pm. My surgery was to be the following day. When I arrived staff were kind and patient. Others were checking in. The process was amazingly professional. Never did I feel like a number. 

I was provided a place to change and then taken by wheel chair to my room. The room is for 6 patients. It was clean, has a washroom with shower, comfortable. 

Throughout my 4 day stay the attention from the entire staff was kind and totally professional. Medication checks were a minimum of every 3 hours 

Monday morning I was wheeled down to the surgical waiting room. I was able to watch the hospital staff. All were very professional and attending to everyone in kindest manner giving me a good sense of comfort.

All staff who participated in my operation introduced themself. I was wheeled into the operating room where music was playing and next thing I knew, my surgery was a great success!

Thank you Dr.Reyes and staff !

I was somewhat comprehensive..but I cannot say enough good things.

10 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Thank you for  sharing. 

Question, is there always some charge for surgery?

Charge is based on the DECIL (Level) assigned when you join. My web site talks about it. If a person is DECIL 1 for example, there would be no fee.

On a related note, if an expat is married to a Mexican national, have the Mexican national be the primary member and DECIL will be lower at least in GTO state. The expat if primary is always minimum DECIL 5 here. 

Thank you Sonia-your web page on IMSS and SP was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately I don't access FB due to years in the tech industry and knowledge of their underlying software. Yes, still trying to resist giving up my data! I am anticipating living in Cuernavaca but of course will need to learn the systems there. I will try to reach Beverly through the yahoo groups for Cuernavaca. I can't leave until Feb 1 to finish my lease here but asap after that. I always appreciate your answers which are professional and useful. A rare combination, especially on this board.

4 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

I wish to state again that I applied as a permanente for Seguro Popular this spring here in Jalisco and was asked nothing about my income. I was given a three year contract at no cost.

Is it possible that the sight of you in kilt with pipe in hand simply overwhelmed them? Could I borrow them when I go to apply? Also, where did you apply? Does it make a difference?

23 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

I wish to state again that I applied as a permanente for Seguro Popular this spring here in Jalisco and was asked nothing about my income. I was given a three year contract at no cost.

Geesh I wish to state again that changes came after April. And at no time did I state anyone asked about income. 

IMBurnen thank you for your kind words. If you email me privately I can send you Beverly's contact info. SONIANGEL32@hotmail.com

11 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

How is then that DECIL level assigned?

Pls. read my web site. The link is above. And no one asks income.

I am curious if you really want to know or just being obstinate. :-)

"CÉDULA DE CARACTERÍSTICAS

SOCIOECONÓMICAS DEL HOGAR

1:33:06 pm

GUANAJUATO ABASOLO

*1115000001* 15-Abr-2015

02-Ene-2015

JOSE LOPEZ PORTILLO 111 , COLONIA TAMAZULA, C.P. 36970,

TAMAZULA, ABASOLO, GUANAJUATO

FEC. NACIMIENTO CURP PARENTESCO ESTADO CIVIL SEXO LENGUA INDÍGENA DISCAPACIDAD TRABAJO ACTUAL ¿CÓMO? NIVEL DE ESTUDIOS ESTUDIA

ESTADO: MÓDULO:

17-Jul-1996 GUGR960717HGTVRF00 TITULAR SOLTERA(O) HOMBRE NINGUNA NO NINGUNA PROFESIONAL 1 AÑO SI

1 GUEVARA GRANADOS JOSE RAFAEL

III. CONDICIONES Y CARACTERÍSTICAS DE LA VIVIENDA.

LA VIVIENDA QUE HABITA ES:

ESTA VIVIENDA ES:

LA MAYOR PARTE DEL PISO DE ESTA VIVIENDA ES:

EL TOTAL DE CUARTOS DE LA VIVIENDA (SIN CONTAR BAÑO NI COCINA) ES:

EXCUSADO, BAÑO O LETRINA:

CASA INDEPENDIENTE BIENES:

PRESTADA O LA ESTA CUIDANDO

CEMENTO

"ESTE PROGRAMA ES PÚBLICO, AJENO A CUALQUIER PARTIDO POLÍTICO. QUEDA PROHIBIDO EL USO PARA FINES

DISTINTOS A LOS ESTABLECIDOS EN EL PROGRAMA"

Firma del Titular

Los datos personales recabados serán protegidos, incorporados y tratados en el Sistema de Administración del Padrón, con fundamento en el artículo 77 Bis 5, inciso A, fracción X e inciso B, fracción II de la Ley General de Salud, artículos 49, 50 y 51 del Reglamento de la Ley General de Salud en Materia

de Protección Social en Salud y Capítulo VII, numerales 1 y 15 de los Lineamientos para la afiliación, operación, integración del Padrón Nacional de Beneficiarios y determinación de la cuota familiar del Sistema de Protección Social en Salud, cuya finalidad es contar con un padrón nominal que contenga

la relación de familias afiliadas al Sistema de Protección Social en Salud, incluida la información socioeconómica derivada de su incorporación, el cual fue registrado en el listado de Sistemas de Datos Personales ante el Instituto Federal de Acceso a Información Pública (www.ifai.org.mx), mismo que de

igual forma podrán ser transmitidos a otras dependencias e instituciones de salud, con la finalidad de realizar el cotejo de padrones a que se refiere el artículo 77 Bis 5, inciso A, fracción XI de la Ley General de Salud, además de otras transmisiones previstas en la Ley. La unidad administrativa

responsable del Sistema de Administración del Padrón es la Comisión Nacional de Protección Social en Salud; la dirección donde el interesado podrá ejercer los derechos de acceso y corrección en términos del último párrafo del artículo 66 del Reglamento de la Ley Federal de Transparencia y Acceso a

la Información Pública Gubernamental es en el domicilio de la Unidad de Enlace que se ubica en Gustavo E. Campa, No. 54, planta baja, Colonia Guadalupe Inn, C.P. 01020 Delegación Álvaro Obregón, México, D.F., así como en el Módulo de Afiliación y Orientación señalado en la Póliza. Lo anterior se"

Goggle Translation:

"CHARACTERISTICS DOCUMENT

SOCIOECONOMICS OF THE HOUSEHOLD:

1:33:06 pm

GUANAJUATO ABASOLO

* 1115000001 * Apr 15, 2015

02-Jan-2015

JOSE LOPEZ PORTILLO 111, COLONIA TAMAZULA, C.P. 36970,

TAMAZULA, ABASOLO, GUANAJUATO

FEC. BIRTH CURP RELATIONSHIP CIVIL STATUS SEX INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE DISABILITY CURRENT WORK HOW? LEVEL OF STUDIES [EDUCATION]

STATE: MODULE:

17-Jul-1996 GUGR960717HGTVRF00 SINGLE HOLDER (O) MAN NO NONE PROFESSIONAL 1 YEAR YES

1 GUEVARA GRANADOS JOSE RAFAEL

III. CONDITIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE HOUSING.

THE LIVING HOUSE IS:

THIS HOUSING IS:

THE MOST PART OF THE FLOOR OF THIS HOUSING IS:

THE TOTAL ROOMS OF THE HOUSING (WITHOUT BATHROOM AND KITCHEN) ARE:

TOILET, BATHROOM OR OUTHOUSE:

INDEPENDENT HOUSE PROPERTY:

PAYING [RENTING] OR IS IT PAID OFF

CEMENT

"THIS PROGRAM IS PUBLIC, EXCEPT ANY POLITICAL PARTY. THE USE FOR PURPOSES IS PROHIBITED

OTHER THAN THOSE ESTABLISHED IN THE PROGRAM "

Signature of the holder

The personal data collected will be protected, incorporated and treated in the System of Administration of the Padron, based on article 77 Bis 5, section A, fraction X and section B, fraction II of the General Health Law, articles 49, 50 and 51 of the Regulation of the General Law of Health in Matter

of Social Protection in Health and Chapter VII, paragraphs 1 and 15 of the Guidelines for the affiliation, operation, integration of the National Register of Beneficiaries and determination of the family quota of the Social Protection System in Health, whose purpose is to have a nominal register that contains

the list of families affiliated to the Social Protection System in Health, including the socioeconomic information derived from its incorporation, which was registered in the list of Personal Data Systems before the Federal Institute of Access to Public Information (www.ifai.org. mx), same as

Likewise, they may be transmitted to other health facilities and institutions, in order to carry out the comparison of the standards referred to in Article 77 Bis 5, subsection A, section XI of the General Health Law, in addition to other transmissions provided for in the Law. The administrative unit

responsible for the System of Administration of the Register is the National Commission of Social Protection in Health; the address where the interested party may exercise the rights of access and correction in terms of the last paragraph of article 66 of the Regulations of the Federal Law of Transparency and Access to

Governmental Public Information is in the address of the Liaison Unit located in Gustavo E. Campa, No. 54, ground floor, Colonia Guadalupe Inn, C.P. 01020 Delegation Álvaro Obregón, Mexico, D.F., as well as in the Afiliac Module

Archived