Chapala.com Webboard

Indian Food

FlyFree

I finally got around to eating at the Indian food stall in the mall on the libramiento.

I had the 99 peso two curries with basmati rice and naan.  The butter chicken is good for someone who wants mild Indian without the heat. The pork curry is good for someone who wants a spicier, hotter taste. A good variety of curries is available: enough to satisfy both vegetarian and meat eaters. The basmati rice was perfectly cooked. For drinks, they have chai and lassi. For the 69 peso platter, you get one curry. The 129 peso platter includes three curries. 

They're open seven days a week, from noon to 7:30 p.m. Need an Indian fix? This could become your go to place.

• 1 month later...

They've been open for four and a half months now and, unfortunately, I've been away for two of those months.  I've eaten there twice in the last two days and it's just as good as the first week they were open.  I really enjoy every dish I've tried.  I find most of the dishes are prepared mild for the geriatric gringo pallet, but they will give a little side of vindaloo sauce if you want to spice it up a bit more.  This evening we found the food to be as fresh as the lunch I had yesterday.  Everyone is very friendly and accommodating.  I'm glad we have this addition to our restaurant scene.

Archived