Chapala.com Webboard
Susan Cohen

Ajijic LANDLINE 4 sale w/ internet included

Is this allowed?  We were under the impression that the landline stayed with the house.

39 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Is this allowed?  We were under the impression that the landline stayed with the house.

Only if the phone is in the homeowner's name and you are not the homeowner. First house I rented, the phone was in the owner's name and she wanted it to stay that way. Next place I rented had had a phone but it had been disconnected. I got a phone in my name. When I moved (still within Chapala) I asked TelMex if I could keep my number. They said sure. I paid I think a 300 pesos fee. Don't know how this selling phone numbers thing works.

I bought a phone line and sold it years ago for $100US as Telmex brokered the deal and told me what the line was worth.  Yes, there is a shortage of phone lines.  This has been a continuing problem for years.  The number usually stays with the house/address but can be transferred to a different address; the line doesn't go anywhere in this case, it stays with the house but the number changes.