Chapala.com Webboard

UHD Streaming Using Telmex?

I would like to purchase an Ultra High Def TV, aka 4K TV, but my research on the Internet says that one needs a download speed of 15 to 20Mbps for live streaming in HD or UHD.  I just got a result of 2.9Mbps from Telmex on an Ookla Speed Test.  I have the $300 something pesos a month plan.  Any positive experiences out there?  Any advice?  If I upgrade with Telmex, should I expect sufficient performance?  Or go to Telecable?  Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

But does anyone have any experience here buying an Ultra High Definition TV and trying live streaming, like with Netflix, on the new hi def TV?  They are selling them at Walmart and at Soriana, but when buyers get them home, can they actually use the capabilities of these otherwise wonderful new hi-tech TVs?

Not yet. And there is little in the way of 4K TV being broadcast that one can get here. So you rely on downloads or streaming, right? One thing I can tell you for sure: if you need to get a new set, get a 4K. Regular definition TV looks WAY better on a 4K. It's a marked difference and improvement on HDTV when playing back SDTV (Standard Def).

Streaming here, now, is on the edge of being good/pointless. As posted by others, you'll need to know the area you are going to be in, and what speed that area is capable of. Much better to download and playback, than to stream right now. Although you will here from some who seem to be successful at it, not sure about the 4K part.

Recommended speed for Netflix 4k is 25mbps and even then you might get problems with streaming so actually you would need at least 30mbps to don't get bufferproblems.
HD streaming shouldn't be that much of a problem but still depends on the area, 4k streaming however the internetspeeds are still too low for that at lakeside. 

Archived