Chapala.com Webboard

Descanse en Paz

And for those who do not read Spanish, Ariel was the first search and rescue dog to die under a falling slab of concrete while performing his duties in the  earthquake zone in Mexico City this week,  after having saved at least 13 lives.

Yes, Rest in Peace, noble one.

Sad, in that it is not real. Just like the story of the missing girl buried under the rubble of the school following the earthquake. They even gave her a name!

No, this dog was exhausted and lay there like a dead animal, but after rest and food, he is back at it again.

5 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Sad, in that it is not real. Just like the story of the missing girl buried under the rubble of the school following the earthquake. They even gave her a name!

No, this dog was exhausted and lay there like a dead animal, but after rest and food, he is back at it again.

.. I just took this info at face value and did not bother to vet it, please post your info that confirms this as fake news, so next time I know how to research to vet false info.  I googled it up but found nothing, so I must have overlooked something.

51 minutes ago, Kiko said:

.. I just took this info at face value and did not bother to vet it, please post your info that confirms this as fake news, so next time I know how to research to vet false info.  I googled it up but found nothing, so I must have overlooked something.

Me too, please..... happy it's not true, but did not know how to double-check.  Gracias.

There's no "source",  because it wasn't news. You are asking me to post something that doesn't exist. That's new to me. Those who watch Mexican cable know both stories quite well.

But try searching for "rescue dog dies in Mexico City" or something similar. You won't find anything.

You will find stories about Frida, the rescue dog, who is not a Shepherd... having saved anywhere from 12 to 52 people. So a grain of salt, please.

Archived