Chapala.com Webboard

Iphone 6 no service repair

Lost Dog

Is there any reliable Iphone 6 repair person Lakeside? I have "no service" indication on the screen and can't make or receive phone calls. Text, internet, mail all ok. Did all the steps found on Google without success. Installed a known good SIM card from another Iphone 6 and still no service. The other phone works fine on same account.

3 minutes ago, RickS said:

Switch SIM cards between the two phones and see if the problem "stays with the phone or follows the SIM card"....

To my knowledge there is no "Telcel landline' service at Lakeside. Did you mean TelMex?

Sorry Telmex for the landline. Telcel is the service our cell phone connects to. I swapped Sim cards and the problem remains the same. 

34 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

When that happens to me in the US using my Telcel phone  I put the phone in airplane mode, let the cell carrier ID disappear and then turn airplane mode off. The phone searches for a cell carrier.

Thanks John, I have tried that several times. There is an issue with the Iphone 6 regarding loss of service. I googled it and went through several "fixes" trying to get it working. Looks to be a phone hardware problem. Ebay has many repair "services" for it. I am due for a phone upgrade from Verizon so looking into that and getting here to Lakeside.

Several years ago, Verizon phones from the states did not work here because they used a different frequency or something. I know that when up north with my iPhone 6, I connect only to AT&T or T-Mobile because ithey also have sim chips compatible with Telcel.

My Telcel Sim Chip compatible iPhone simply doesn't work with Verizon technology or it didn't the last time I asked.

2 hours ago, johanson said:

Several years ago, Verizon phones from the states did not work here because they used a different frequency or something. I know that when up north with my iPhone 6, I connect only to AT&T or T-Mobile because ithey also have sim chips compatible with Telcel.

My Telcel Sim Chip compatible iPhone simply doesn't work with Verizon technology or it didn't the last time I asked.

We have been using both Iphones here since early May. Both have the original sim cards that came with them when new. No problems calling local or to California except for mine which failed a few days ago. My wife's works as usual.

5 hours ago, Lost Dog said:

Our Telcel carrier is working fine. My wife's Iphone 6 has service and we are on the same account.

You misunderstand. I didn't say anything about carrier service. You said you swapped SIMs and it still didn't work, which means it is a physical problem with the phone, and you should take it into a TelCel or other cell phone store where they can fix it. But now you have introduced a heretofore-hidden wrinkle by saying your service is U.S. Verizon, so there really is no easy way to tell you what to do.

34 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You misunderstand. I didn't say anything about carrier service. You said you swapped SIMs and it still didn't work, which means it is a physical problem with the phone, and you should take it into a TelCel or other cell phone store where they can fix it. But now you have introduced a heretofore-hidden wrinkle by saying your service is U.S. Verizon, so there really is no easy way to tell you what to do.

Yeah..sorry for the lack of clarity. Between online tech support conversations with Verizon and Apple it got a little muddy. After the sim card swap and taking the screen off to check the sim tray to see if it was out of alignment from a possibly bent frame, consensus is a hardware problem. Bottom line, upgraded to a new phone from Verizon. Had it shipped to our home in California and will pick it up there on the next trip back. Probably next week or so. 

Archived