Chapala.com Webboard

CHOPSTICKS

gringal

12 hours ago, Xena said:

And, yet, they are very successful. Funny, huh?

For how long? They won't last unless they make their operation more user friendly. I only got to their Dim Sum once as I have things to do and cannot sit and wait for an email.  Someone will come along and run a better operation. I've been to many Dim Sum places in Canada and they would quickly be out of the Dim Sum part of their business if they operated like this. Part of the difference is in Canada restaurants can buy frozen premade Dim Sum so they can have a huge variety. Maybe there is no place in Guadalajara that sells such.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, artsnob said:

Great Cedros, there will be more space for us...

Good for you if that is what you need.

Cedros, are you comparing the Dim Sum operations in large Canadian cities which have many Asians living there, to this small area in Mexico? Apples and Oranges.

Also, "frozen pre-made" bought from an outside source doesn't sound as appealing as the home made variety at the Dim Sum at Chopsticks. 

My prediction is that this restaurant will continue to be successful.

I realize she is taking a chance, and I understand her desire to please Dim Sum lovers by offering this extra service, and that she needs the reservations for a couple of reasons: one, so she knows what inventory to buy so she suffers little waste, and two so she knows how much work is going to be required on any given day.

But I think they are going to have problems with the new system. No phone reservations, because they want a deposit. But let's say I turn up on one of their appointed Dim Sum days and get refused Dim Sum because I didn't know? That's going to annoy the crap out of a lot of people who just come around lunchtime looking for a good meal.

I preferred the other method. I don't mind missing out on that 10-minute window, because frankly I got in once and was not impressed. For the most part, it wasn't even Dim Sum; it was baby garlic ribs, soup, and a buncha other stuff, and very little Dim Sum.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I realize she is taking a chance, and I understand her desire to please Dim Sum lovers by offering this extra service, and that she needs the reservations for a couple of reasons: one, so she knows what inventory to buy so she suffers little waste, and two so she knows how much work is going to be required on any given day.

But I think they are going to have problems with the new system. No phone reservations, because they want a deposit. But let's say I turn up on one of their appointed Dim Sum days and get refused Dim Sum because I didn't know? That's going to annoy the crap out of a lot of people who just come around lunchtime looking for a good meal.

I preferred the other method. I don't mind missing out on that 10-minute window, because frankly I got in once and was not impressed. For the most part, it wasn't even Dim Sum; it was baby garlic ribs, soup, and a buncha other stuff, and very little Dim Sum.

I have to agree about the Dim Sum menu.  I went once and wasn't too pleased with some of the items you mentioned.  Others will differ.  I'm happy with the regular lunch menu.

5 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Will the regular lunch menue be available on Dim Sum days...

While eating lunch at Chopsticks today, I was informed that their regular lunch menu will still be available on Dim Sum days.  Reservations will be required ONLY for the Dim Sum menu/seating.

Archived