Chapala.com Webboard

How long does it take?

Herman

Most people spend two nights in Mexico on that trip when coming down from Nogales... below Tucson. Smart drivers from California drive first over to Tucson rather than trying to drive on Mex. 2 inside Mexico. 

How the cats may impact that drive is beyond my pay grade......

As you can see it is difficult to get a straight answer on this board. Too many bored people.

I am from California. I crossed the border at Nogales ( Mariposa crossing ). It is 1000 miles to Ajijic on the cuotas. Do not use the libres as they will add a day to the drive. We took three days because we had a dog with us and also we didn't want to push it. Spent a night in Hermosillo, a night in Navajoa and a night in Mazatlan.

Make sure you have pesos for the tolls as they do not take dollars or credit cards. Also once you are out of the state of Sonora watch your gas as stations can be 150 miles apart on 15D highway.

From Nogales, AZ to Chapala, Jalisco:

20 h 29 min (1,044.8 mi) via México 15 S and México 15D according to Google.  However, I think it is a bit longer, and we took 24 driving hours from Chapala to Tucson, which would make it about 22.5 driving hours from Nogales to Chapala.

About 1100 miles from either Nogales or Bisbee (crossed at Naco, take Rte 2 over to Rte 15).  Drive time was always 21 hours, no matter how we sliced it.  Long days of summer,  we did it in 2 long days, sleeping in Los Mochis.  Other times, 2 nights on road, one in Navajoa and one in Mazatlan.  

1 hour ago, elevator said:

Too many sanctimonious old scolds. Geez, you don't think he got enough answers to his question?

Wait, aren't you the joker who had to add this?

"Depends. How much of the driving are the cats doing?"

Archived